Part 10 - George

Meredith woke up to an empty bed and the sun shining through the curtains. She exhaled as she rolled over and looked at her phone, it was 10:00 am in the morning. She basically jumped out of bed and began to put on a fresh pair of clothes. Rushing downstairs to the kitchen. Meredith was late for work. She was never late, nor did she ever miss her alarm the second time it went off. 

"Mer!" George's voice rang in her ears causing her to spin around "You have the week off remember?" He spoke as he walked down the stairs.

Then it all hit her, what had happened the day before. Her captures being let out, the fact that there is a police officer outside her door watching for anything suspicious. Meredith looked at George like a deer in front of headlights. George gave her a small smile and walked closer to her. 

"Let's get you some coffee okay?" He spoke calmly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Guiding her to the kitchen. 

"Did they find them yet?" Meredith stammered, her mind running in circles. Fear grew in the bottom of her stomach and her eyes began to well up with tears. 

"No," George sighed, walking over to the coffee machine "But they will don't worry Mer." 

"Where is Derek?" 

"He got called into the hospital, he'll be back soon," He spoke calmly, turning to face her as she sat at the island "Do you want me to make you something?" 

"No," Meredith mumbled, resting her head on her arms. 

"Are you sure?" George asked, "I make a mean french toast." He told her, making her laugh a little. 

"I'm sure. Thanks though." 

"Okay," George sighed, placing the cup of coffee beside her and gently rubbing her back "Everything will get better, Mer." 

"Thank you," Meredith mumbled, getting up and grabbing the cup of coffee, and walking upstairs. Shewalked lazly up the stairs. Her body slumped and her body aching as she walked back into her room. Disappearing from the world. 

Yes, this is a very short chapter. But I wanted to give you all a little something since I haven't updated in so long. I will be updating more soon :) 

Thank you all and have a nice day!