Part 8 - Anything can happen in an hour

Hi! I know I said I would update the next day, but somehow the whole entire chapter had been deleted. It was probably because I work on two plat forms.

Anyways, I hope you all love this chapter!

Always ask questions if you have any. Or if you have an idea let me know!

I hope you all have a great night/ day!

Derek looked at Meredith as they both stood in the closet. Derek locked the door like she said and looked over at her with a concerned look. He didn't know what to do but slowly walk up to her. He saw the fear in her eyes and he saw how her entire body trembled. Derek only grew more worried and slightly confused.

"Meredith, you're safe. Okay?"

"No, I am not safe. They're probably out there looking at me," She spoke, her voice trembling with fear.

"Okay, we'll just stay here for a little bit okay?" Derek whispered, gently pulling her into his embrace "You're safe with me." 

Their moment was ruined by a few loud bangs and a silent knock. Followed by quiet shuffling noises. They both jumped, looking over at the door. They were slightly startled, then their fears disappeared when they heard a tiny voice at the other side of the door. 

"Hey!" a muffled voice spoke on the other end of the door "We need supplies!" The voice added, beginning to shake the door. Starling Meredith. It was only Bailey.

"I-Uh, one second." Meredith stammered, whipping her tears and walking to the door to open it.

"You two better not be-" She began but stopped when she saw the look in both Meredith's and Derek's eyes. As well as the tear stains and the big puffy eyes that Meredith had "What's wrong?" She questioned, her face going soft.

"I-I am terrified," Meredith whispered, quiet enough for just Bailey and Derek to hear. Meredith quickly grabbed Derek's hand without realizing it and looked around the area they were now in "Have you seen any strange men walking around?"

"No, I don't think so Grey." She spoke, looking up at Derek with a worried look on her face. Her eyebrows scrunched together. Her voice still was soft and she sounded worried.

"She saw someone she was kidnapped with. He's in the ER right now," Derek whispered "She's worried."

"I'm worried that the men are out looking for me. Wandering the hospital." Meredith scuffed, wrapping her arms around her stomach anxiously. 

"Meredith, I don't think they are here. It's been years since they last saw you, they probably don't even know what you look like." Bailey told her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"But we don't know that guys," She sighed, beginning to look around the area again. Her eyes began to well up with tears again and they both could tell something was wrong. "I-I gotta go. I can't be here." She stammered brushing past Bailey. Letting go of Derek's hand and running back down the hallway as fast as she could. Disappearing into the stairway.

"Damn it," Derek muttered trying to run after her, but Bailey had grabbed him before he took off.

"Give her a second, she won't go far."

"It's Meredith," he muttered, heading down the hallway Meredith had just run down.

--------

Back in the ER, Cristina had been working alongside Owen. Trying to help save the man's life who had been severely injured. They had no clue who he was and his importance to Meredith. They both worked alongside a few other doctors and nurses. They couldn't believe how bad he was severely injured, it was a miracle that he even made it to the hospital. The damages were too severe. Almost all of his bones had been broken and his organs began to fail. There's was nothing left to do for him.