Chapter 17 - Sweet Dreams

Dear Diary,

Liv and I go to sleep that night, feeling exhausted from watching only 3 HP movies. (3, 4, and 5.)

I sigh, close my eyes, and fall asleep in less than 5 minutes. I fall into a very deep sleep.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

I open my eyes. That was a nice quick sleep! I think to myself.

Kathy comes to the door and smiles at me. "I've got a treat for you. Get up and dressed and we'll go."

"Pardon?"

"It's a surprise. Now get dressed!"

"Okay."

I climb out of bed, only just realising that Liv isn't beside me. Neither is the trundle bed.

Huh.

I take my dressing gown which is hanging on the back of my bedroom door, then go downstairs for breakfast. Liv isn't anywhere in sight.

What is happening!?

I eat some peanut butter on toast (which is brilliant, you really should try it ) then go up to the bathroom to have a shower.

When I'm finished, I get out, wrap the towel around me, then go back to my room. I put my (underwear on, of course) FLASH! t-shirt on and some denim shorts.

I pull my hair up into a ponytail, then go back downstairs.

"Uh, you might need a bit more than that on," says Kathy.

I give her a confused look.

"Well, we're going somewhere where it's not too warm."

I go back up to my room and put some jeans and my Union Jack jersey on.

"That's the spirit!" says Kathy when I go back downstairs. She tells me to pop some shoes on and take a backpack with a spare change of clothes.

"O-okay..."

I put my snake boots on and shove my big hoodie into a rucksack with another pair of jeans, and after a bit of thought, my red canvas shoes.

I go back downstairs. Kathy tells me to go outside, then she takes out her keys and locks the door, because John is at work. Oh, I don't know if I mentioned him. He's Kathy's wife. And my foster father. He works for the ministry, I think in an office, but he's never told me exactly what he does. Just with a whole lot of paperwork.

He's quite quiet too. He keeps to himself.

Anyway, Kathy locks the door, and tells me to take her arm.

I think we're Apparating.

I take a deep breath then clutch onto her arm.

()-()-()-()-()-()

I feel a bit queasy, then open my eyes.

This place doesn't look very familiar.

I see a sign on a pole. It says "Moorhouse Avenue".

Hang on....

"Kathy, are we in Christchurch?"

"Yes we are."

I almost faint with happiness.

I knew that we were in Christchurch, because after Kathy and John had told me about. .. everything, I did some research about NZ and where I was originally born.

"Well.. what are we going to see and do?" I ask.

"What do you want to do?"

We go into a tourist shop, and I find a brochure. "Things to do and see in Chch...." I mutter as I read.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

We find a hotel to stay in for the night, and settle in. The next morning, we wake up to cooked-to-perfection bacon and eggs.

It even smelt perfect.

We decide to get out of bed, and eat them, then we both get dressed.

"So, what do you want to do?" asks Kathy.

"I think we should look at the Cathedral first. I've always been interested in that kind of thing."

"Really?"

"Yes, of course."

We take out rucksacks and leave the hotel. I pull out the brochure I got yesterday, and look at the map. It had a map attached!!

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

After a full-on day of sightseeing, we went back to the hotel for a bit of a rest.

"Why don't we go out for dinner?" Kathy suggests.

"Okay."

We walk down the street and find a nice restaurant. I order a chicken fillet with salad (yes, salad) while Kathy orders a fish-of-the-day.

It was very nice, thank you for asking.

Then we went back to the hotel, and watched a bit of telly until I fell asleep on the couch.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

I wake up with Liv standing over me.

"Hey," she says. "It's time to get up."

"It was a dream...."

"What?"

"You've gotta hear this, mate."

____________________________________________________

Boom!

So that was a nice chapter, also freestyle, because I had a version where something else happened, but it might not have been right.

OK fine. She was supposed to meet Caitlin but er, well, that's not ... possible.

You guys will learn soon enough.

Suggestions for the next chapter are appreciated! Thanks.

Comment vote go crazy GOODBYE

~ Sydney