Leave It All to the Wind

'' Leave It All to the Wind ''

han jisung x lee felix

- from their first meeting to now, felix has always been there for him

genre: hurt/comfort, fluff

warnings: implied child abuse (not graphic, only implied), jisung's kinda mentally unstable

word count: 1,444

may 8th, 2009

he needed to leave.

their screaming had gotten louder and he couldn't bear listening to them anymore- he didn't want to be there if it escalated to violence.

if it got too bad he knows they would come for him- and he didn't want to be there when it happened.

jisung slips quietly out of the front door, entering the empty apartment hallway. his feet scurry across the mundane carpet as covers his ears, trying to muffle the voices coming from inside his home.

he doesn't know where he's going, just letting his feet take him somewhere.

his throat's burning, filling up with an unwanted lump. his vision begins to go blurry so he quickly rubs at his eyes, trying to force himself to calm down.

he scrambles up the stairwell at the end of the hall, his breathing getting steadier and his heartbeat slowing as he travels further up.

once reaching the top, he swings open the large metal door and takes a few steps out, chills going down his spine at the sudden temperature change.

the sun beats down on him, getting rid of the goosebumps on his arms, and it feels good.

he hesitantly takes a few steps out onto the rooftop. he had never been up here before- wasn't even sure if he was allowed up here- but at the moment he found that he didn't really care, it was better than being inside.

"hello!" a chirpy voice startles jisung from his thoughts, causing him to flinch before whipping his head around, spotting a pale blonde-haired boy sitting not too far from where he was standing.

jisung doesn't respond, entering a staring match with the other.

it feels like it should be awkward- but it isn't.

the stranger smiles wide at him, teeth on display, and jisung hesitates before stepping forward, slowly walking over to the boy.

the other male seems around his age, and now that he's closer, jisung can see the freckles dotting his skin. they shine under the sunlight and it's almost mesmerizing, jisung forgets what he's doing until the other speaks again.

"hi! my name's felix," the boy- felix- says, tilting his head, "what's yours?"

jisung blinks at the boy, not speaking. a few seconds pass in silence before felix's smile drops to a pout, the boy letting out a whine.

"how are we supposed to be friends if i don't know your name?" he says, slumping forward in his seat and looking up at jisung.

"friends?" jisung says softly, both confused and surprised. why did this boy he just met want to be friends with him?

"duh!" felix says, smiling again, "i don't have many friends here- just channie and seungminnie, and they live kinda far away," he mumbles, getting off track before catching himself "but now that you're here we can be friends- we can be rooftop buddies!"