Broken Bones pt. 3

I'm really sorry for all the stuff in 'Falling". It was meant as a joke, and I know that you shouldn't punch or injure anyone - not even you S/O. The story was just meant to be funny.

Happy reading!

Percy

Imagine the most important thing in your life. Now imagine forgetting everything, but that one thing and being parted from it for eight long months.

Okay, now that again, apart from this time, imagine nine months.

That's how long I was parted from that thing, apart from my thing was a girl.

Annabeth Chase - soon to be Jackson. That made me ache a little as I trudged up the hill. After nine long months without me, what if she had found someone else? What was keeping her tied to me apart from an engagement ring?

Nothing.

Oh Gods. I was really freaking out going up that hill.

Eventually, after what seemed like eternity, I made it to the top. I looked into the plunging valley below and what I expected to see wasn't there.

By the begining of the summer, every year, hundreds of campers would be littered around the place, either scaling the climbing wall or swimming in my la- in the lake.

Now? Not a single person. Or Nymph. Or Sayter. What had happened here?

While I stood at the top of the hill - I realised that the two campers who had gone on the quest with me had already made their way down.

I watched as they walked towards the cabins - where I saw a large crowed had formed. I hadn't seen that before. Confused, I raced down the hill, dropping my bag in the process and pulling out riptide from my pocket.

I stopped at the back of the crowd and started to look for Annabeth. She wasn't there - neither was Grover, or Jason, or Piper, or anybody. Everyone around me was talking excitedly - so I assumed that nothing bad could have happened. That's when I heard Piper,

"Percy!" She yelled from the Apollo cabin.

Immediately, I rushed over to where she stood on the porch.

"Hey," I said, a little out of breath, "What is going on here?" I asked. Piper looked shocked for a fraction of a second and then her face broke into that of pure delight.

"What? Where's Annabeth?" I asked, craning my neck to see past her. Suddenly, Piper grabbed my hand and yanked me inside the Cabin. Behind me, I heard the other campers gasp,

"Percy Jackson's back!" and, "Does he know yet?"

What were they talking about,

"Wait here," Piper instructed me before she ran into a room. I had never been in the Apollo cabin before, but I had heard that they had a room in there for medical emergencies. A wave of shock sprang through my body, as I thought about who could be in there - Annabeth? Grover? Annabeth? Oh wait, already said her. Stupid ADHD. Wait, can you blame that on ADHD? Or was that just me sometimes I get confused when-

Just then, Leo, Piper, Jason, Frank, Hazel, Clarrise and Grover emerged from the room, interrupting my thoughts.

"Where's Annabeth?" I shouted, making Hazel shrink a little. Just then, a wail came from inside the room, making me snap my head around in confusion. I looked back at all eight of them and they just smiled at me and motioned for me to go inside.

Curiously, I stepped into the room and was greeted by a hug from Annabeth that had so much force behind it, I nearly fell over.

"No judo flip?" I chuckled. Annabeth just sobbed into my shoulder, "Hey, what's going on? You're freaking me out a little,"

Annabeth pulled away, sniffeling, but grinning nonetheless.

"Well," She began," About two days after you left I made a little discorvery,"

I gestured for her to go on,

"I was pregnant," I gaped at her, not sure what to say. She bit her lip in anticipation,

"You- is it - is it-"

"Yours," She guessed, "Yes, Seaweed brain, who else's? Also, not and it... she,"

Annabeth took my hand and led me to a small white crib in the corner. Wrapped up in a small blue blanket was a tiny baby. Her face was scrunched up, as if she were in concentration - which, considering who her mother was, she probably already was. I stood there for a while, gaping at her perfect face, totally oblivious to the people who were gathering around the crib next to me.

"What her name?" I finally asked. Annabeth avoided eye contact with me,

"Selina Grace Jackson," She mumbled nervously. I grinned and put my arm around her shoulder. I kissed her forehead and gazed back down at our child - words that sounded so natural.

"You like it?" She asked me. I grinned down at her and nodded,

"Why wouldn't I?" Annabeth breathed a sigh of relief and shrugged her shoulders.

"Selina Grace Jackson," I said to myself, "I love it,"