Falling

Happy reading!!

Annabeth was annoyed. Sure, she loved her seaweed brain, but he did manage to piss her off numerous times a day. She stood with her arms folded on the deck of the Argo II, water dripping from her clothes. 

Percy knew it too. He knew that he was being told off. The thing he didn't know, however, was why. Something was off about Annbeth, he knew that. Was it her hair? It seemed darker than usual, and she seemed to be shivering. 

Annabeth's eyes bored into his. They were dark, stormy grey. So much that you could see the thunder dancing across them. 

What could he have done wrong? Was it something that he had said? No. Around one minute ago, he had been staring into space, thinking about his Wise Girl, when he got those butterfly's in his stomach. Next thing he knew, Annabeth was screaming his name and storming onto the deck dripping wet. 

Something in his  clicked. 

"Umm... was that me?" He guessed. Annabeth walked up to him. She wasn't particularly fast, but she didn't take her time. By then, everyone else on the deck was staring at them. Before he knew it, Annabeth's fist had collided with his jaw. 

He stumbled backwards and hit the railing. Before he could steady himself, his back bent backwards and sent him flying away from the ship. The entire crew of the Argo rushed to the ledge.  

"What the hell, Annabeth!" Piper yelled. Annabeth shrugged as she descended the stairs into the lower deck of the ship. 

Around five minutes later, Annabeth came back up to find all of the crew - including Coach Hedge - were gathered around the hull. The boat had been drawn to a stop by Leo, who was probably looking down. 

"Should I go and look for him?" Jason asked, his voice laced with panic. 

"Don't bother," Annabeth scoffed. The entire crew turned around, 

"Are you out of your mind?" Coach Hedge screamed. Jason's eyes widened, 

"Annabeth, you just killed Percy!" He yelled. 

"He exploded my toilet and flooded my room," Annabeth replied, 

"What does that have to do with anything. That's your boyfriend and one of the seven!" Frank said. His voice was exceedingly aggressive - a tone Frank never used. Annabeth's face remained placid the entire time. Suddenly, her expression broke into a huge grin. 

"Bit excessive, don't you think wise girl?" A voice said from behind them. Everyone turned around in chorus. 

Stood on a huge wave at the edge of the boat, was Percy Jackson. He stepped off of it with ease. The wave helped him land on the boat gently, with out getting it or him wet. 

Annabeth shrugged again, and Percy flung his arm around her shoulder. Together, they walked down to the second deck, Coach Hedge too stunned to say anything, or separate them.