Drawings

So, I don't know if this is just e, but I hate RED (Rachel Elizabeth Dare). I know that she and Annabeth become friends in the end, but I still really really don't like her. Anyway, I wish this scene was in the books, even if I do say so myself.

Happy reading!!

Sitting at the dining table, Annabeth was deep in thought. Malcom had to wave his hand in front of her face four times before he got her to notice him.

"What's up with you tonight?" He asked her. Annabeth shook her head, signalling to him not to probe any further. She didn't know what to do. She didn't want Percy to stay mad at her, but she did not want to talk to Rachel. Earlier that morning, Annabeth had made some snide comment about her, and Percy had gotten really defensive.

She hated it when he got defensive of some other girl - especially if that girl was her. They'd only been going out for two years or so, so she knew that he was completely over Rachel, but a pang of jealousy still rose in her when he said her name.

She sighed as she pushed her food around with her fork. She knew that she had to apologise to him, but she didn't think that he would accept it too gracefully. She would have to apologise to Rachel to. Letting out a groan, she turned to Malcom.

"Where would Rachel be?" He shrugged in response,

"She might be in the strawberry fields, sketching. She normally is,"

Sighing, she left her seat. Percy Jackson looked up from across the dining pavilion. His eyes followed her as she made her way to the fields.

Annabeth trudged between the small mounts of soil that the strawberries were planted. After nearly five minutes of walking, she saw a large bush of red hair. Rachel Dare sat at the fare end of the field. Her knees were bent and tucked up agaist her chest. Resting on them was a small green book.

The colour green always seemed to comfort Annabeth, though she never really understood why. Countless times, she had tried to figure it out, being a daughter of Athena, and it bothered her that she couldn't.

Annabeth neared Rachel, but she didn't look up from her sketch book. When she reached her, she slid down next to her and looked down at her hands,

"What are you drawing," She looked up. Rachels head snapped around to look at Annabeth and when she saw who was sat next to her, Rachel slammed her book shut.

"Okay, Gods," Annabeth sighed,

"Why are you here?" She snapped,

"I wanted to apologise to you," Annabeth said through her teeth,

"Great, accepted," Rachel huffed. Annabeth eyed her suspiciously.

"What were you drawing, Rachel?" She asked again. Rachel's face flushed a deep shade of red, and she barely managed to stutter out her reply,

"Nothing - it's none of your business!"

Without thinking, Annabeth lunged for the book. Rachel tried desperately to ive ater her, but was too late.

Wide eyed, Annabeth flicked through the book. There were a few minutes of eerie silence between the two of them, where Annabeth grew more shocked; Rachel more red.

"What is this?" Annabeth managed to choke out eventually: though her voice was barely a whisper. Rachel didn't reply. Annabeth dropped the book and it landed on the floor, opened at one of the more vulgar pages.

Drawn countless times across it was Percy Jackson. Many times Rachel was there too. They were sat together, holding hands or kissing. Written in a chain, connecting these pictures were the most horrifying words Annabeth could ever hear: Mrs Rachel Elizabeth Jackson.

The last thing that Rachel saw was Annabeth's fist coming down on her nose, before she woke up in the hospital.