∙~Chapter 14~∙

Y/n's POV
Everyday just gets more and more exhausting. We've been practicing really hard for the upcoming matches. Pretty sure Daichi is also working is ass off after their loss to Aoba Johsai. They've been working really hard and barely have enough time to take a break. That's why I go to their practices, to help them with timeout. They would mostly refuse to take a break but give in once Coach Ukai gets in the picture.

I turned in my test and immediately went to the girl's volleyball court. I got into my uniform and practiced. I'm usually the first one here so I practice my spikes and tosses first. I expect Michimiya to come in the court after a few minutes along with the others, since they attend earlier than the time too.

~after practices of both the boys and girls volleyball team~

I met up with my best friends and the third years, they looked so drained out. I can't help but think of something...

"Guys" I say, catching their attentions "what do you think about getting ramen?"

Noya's stomach rumbled, so did Tanaka's.

"Yeah, eating out sounds great!" Daichi said.

They all groaned and sighed in relief, as if this is their first time hearing some good news in a while. We went in a small restaurant by the corner of the road we were walking on and we sat down by the window. Everyone took their orders, everyone looking excited about it.

We took group pictures here and there while waiting, seems that they are all REALLY TIRED from practice.

"I still can't believe we lost last week" Asahi said with a strained face.

"Well, is there anything we can do about it now?" Suga asked, as if to try and ease Asahi's train of thought.

"We can take it as inspiration for improvement for the next game" Daichi said optimistically.

"Tell me about it. I barely even have an inspiration to continue school" I sulked, then looked at Daichi.

He looked sad, kind of pained. I figured that he was just tired from his practice today and just wanted to let it all out. It's not like my statement could be related to him in any way or anything.

"Here's your ramen," a waitress said beside me, startling me with her presence.

She put down our orders one by one and we were drooling just from the sight of it.

"For the takoyaki, we will serve that to you in a while. Please be patient, thank you" she said then went back to the counter to serve more customers.

"I can't wait to devour this right now" Daichi said, eagerly getting his chopsticks.

"itadakimasu" we all said, then enjoyed the food in front of us.

The time came where we had to pay the bill, Daichi and Asahi both raced to take out their wallets. I, on the other hand, was already prepared with the payment. The waitress came with the binder and I put the money in. The two were still bickering on about it, so I just let them because it was entertaining to watch.

"Didn't you guys see that Y/n had already paid for our meal?" Tanaka said, trying to hold in his laugh.

They were flabbergasted. It was so funny to see them like this.

"It's over, it's done" I giggled. Both went red from embarrassment.

Noya also laughed, but water came out of his mouth and it got him and I wet, mostly me. It was FREEZING outside and it couldn't get any worse than this.

"Woah, are you okay?" Noya asked, taking out majority of the tissues from its box and wiping my pants "I'm sorry"

It spilled all over my lap and is sticking to my thighs,

Eugh _:('' ):

I stood up to see if I am comfortable walking with wet pants, I wasn't.

"You guys can go without me, I'll just change so that I won't yet cold while walking home" I said as I got my duffle bag and went ti the restaurant's C.R.

A hand stopped me right outside of the women's bathroom. I turned to see Daichi holding out his P.E. jogging pants, while the others behind him went out and went home.

"Change into this, wiping the water and waiting for it to dry kn the way home is much worse than what happened a while ago" he said and I smiled.

"Thank you, Daichi" I said as I hurriedly went inside to change.

I went out and saw that he was still waiting for me, just outside of the restaurant though. I went to him and he stood up from leaning on the wall.

"Shall we head home now?" He asked.

"Sure"

We talked about what happened in the exams and in practice while walking home. Time passes by and the next thing we know is that we are already in front of my house. He stopped by the fence, as if waiting to see if I get inside then he will leave.

"Why are you just standing there?" I asked jokingly, making him chuckle.

"Nothing, just watching you go inside your house. That's all" he smirked "like a stalker"

"You're not funny" I turned to the door.

Yes he is, that lame joke is funny.

No, that's why it's lame.

"Would you want to stay in for tonight? It's kind of late" I said while holding the door open.

"I suppose, why not" he walked in and we both took off our shoes and put them by the rack.

Shit, I hope mom isn't home. Or else she would think that I'm gonna... woohoo this guy.

"Just be quiet, Daichi. I don't know if my mom's home or not" I say and he nods.

We both tiptoe to my room and release a relieved sigh as I successfully closed the door. We both set our things on the floor and sat down.

"Let's hope that my mom doesn't notice that we came home late" I whispered, looking out the window beside him.

"My mom is out for a business trip, you're solving that problem if she finds out" he says and I slap his arm.

"You stepped in MY house, be thankful I even opened the door to welcome you" I said and he just giggled.

I roll my eyes playfully then there was silence again. I examined how messy my room was and how embarrassing it is to have paper and wrappers lying on the floor randomly. I forget to clean up my mess once I get some rest, my room now became a big trashcan with a rat inside of it.

"You see that constellation?" Daichi said, breaking the silence.

I look out the window to wear he was pointing, but I couldn't make out what was he trying to show me.

"I don't see it..." I say softly, trying to make out a figure with the stars I assumed he pointed at.

"It's there" he grabs my hand and makes me point to where he saw his supposed "constellation."

I gave up and turned to him to see if he is joking or not. To my surprise, he turned his head to me too and our faces were inches away from each other. His warm breath touched my top lip, making me have the whole zoo again in my stomach. Our eyes have seemed to lock in once they'd found each other. I never turned my gaze to anywhere else aside from his eyes and lips. Our faces inched closer and closer as the gap between us shortened with every move.

I felt his soft lips on mine, and it made me melt. My stomach had butterflies as I heard a little-

Chuu~

Fill the room.

——————————————
A/n:
I'M BACK!!! I decided to just continue this story without my original idea for the following chapters timo come. Sorry if this chapter was a bit messy, I'll start to think about what will happen next once I manage schoolworks. I wrote this at like... 2 in the morning and my mind couldn't think properly as like any other day. (*'ー`*)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT ON THIS STORY!!! I really appreciate every single one of you for blowing up my notifications even when I was on hiatus. Please vote for this chapter too and see you on the next!