•~Chapter 8~•

Y/n's POV
I woke up pretty drained today. Probably because of my energy wasted yesterday. I did my usual routine and rode my bike to school. I got there earlier than expected, surprisingly. I got to my locker and got my things.

Someone brushed past me which made me almost lose my balance.

"Gomen" he said.

"It's fine" I said then saw that it was Daichi.

"Gomen, Y/n-san" he said again.

"It's fine really" I said then clutched onto my books.

"I was just in a rush" he said then I sided with him.

"Well, it's still early so there's really nothing to rush about" I said then we went to the cafeteria.

"Wait... how did we end up here?" He said as we stopped by its entrance.

"I have no clue" I said then we burst out laughing.

"Wait h-how-" he can't even form a proper sentence.

"We just got hungry I guess" I said while leaning on the wall beside me.

We calmed ourselves down and caught our breath. That made me somewhat motivated to do things today. It lightened up the mood a little bit.

"Are you two okay?" A familiar voice said in front of us.

"Oh Michimiya- y-yeah we're fine" Daichi said and I saw him blush.

He's blushing.

"Y/n looks like she isn't" she giggled which I can't help but do too.

"I was feeling pretty drained a while ago" I said then stood up straight.

"Well then, see ya in class" she said then went ahead.

I watched as Daichi's eyes followed her. Once she was out of sight, he smiled faintly and chuckled.

"You like her, don't you?" I said with a small hint of hurt in it.

"It's that obvious then" he said, not even realizing the kind of hurt expression I have.

"I mean, it's Michimiya" I said then looked away "Of course you'll like her" I mumbled while fiddling with my fingers.

"What?" He asked me.

"Ahh nothing" I said then fake smiled.

RING

.

RING

.

RING

Ahhh saved by the bell. I immediately went to my next class since I already have the books I needed with me. I didn't have time to even say 'see you later' to Daichi.

In a rush, I bumped into my two best friends while running.

"Oi Y/n-san" Noya said then rubbed my head.

"Are you alright?" Tanaka asked.

"Yeah yeah, I was rushing" I said then softly swatted Noya's hand away.

I went into the classroom without even waiting for them. What has gotten into me? I feel like I'm mad over the smallest thing in the world. It's not even funny. I should just... calm down and forget about it, for now.

"It's Daichi"

"Yeah, kinda figured"

"What else would even make her this mad in the morning"

I turned my head and glared at the two of them. They both jumped and went to their seats.

~at lunch~

I plopped on my earphones and put on my new favorite song, Heather by Conan Gray. I sat alone waiting for the two to finish getting their food which let me have some time to think. It also gave me time to hear the lyrics better.

I started to realize the lyrics of the song and its meaning. I can somewhat relate to this song judging from my current situation. I sank in my seat, not having apetite to eat.

"HELLO" Niya shouted in my hear.

"Gah!" I said in shock while my earphones flew.

"Nice nice, a little awakening" He said then sat beside Tanaka.

"I'm not really in the mood" I said then took a small bite from my lunch.

"Daichi?" Tanaka asked.

"Yeah yeah" I said then sunk back in my seat.

"Don't sweat it, man" he said then ate his lunch.

"Sure" I said then tried to finish my lunch.

~after classes~

I waited for the boys after my practice because we kinda ended early. I sat by the door and waited for their time to end. To my surprise, Michimiya also came to the boys volleyball gym.

"Oh hello" I said then moved aside for her to sit beside me.

"Oh hai! I'm just here for Daichi" She said then slowly opened the door of the gym.

"I'm just waiting for two dumb people" I said as I followed right behind her.

We went inside the gym to see them practicing. There I saw Daichi, drowned in his sweat and his muscles showing. I blushed at the sight. He looked my way- no, at Michimiya's way and smiled.

"Okay guys, clean up the gym and collect the balls. Time's up" He yelled at them then went towards Michimiya.

They both smiled at each other happily. They talked and laughed as thr others cleaned up the gym. I felt my heart sink as they were together for every second that passed by.

I'm not supposed to feel jealous because who am I to say who he should like? I don't own him, he's not mine. I just have to brush it off my shoulders and not mind it at all.

"Okay guys, see you again tomorrow" Daichi said, even making eye contact with me and smiled.

I did the same and we all went our separate ways.

"Sooooooooooo" Noya said while walking back home.

"Is Y/n-san's heart aching for Daichi-san?" Tanaka teased.

"Brush it off Y/n-san, don't mind it" Noya said and patted my back- no, more like slapped it.

"I try to" I say with a laugh.

"Lossen up, just remind yourself that it's jus a crush"

"Or she's already in love-"

I slapped Noya's arm with the same force he used on my back. Tanaka just saying 'oo's in the back as Noya complains about his arm hurting.

"Already Y/n-san?"

"No. It's stupid, I will never love Daichi-san" I said then popped my back.

"Sure"

"Oh so you want another slap?"

"NONONONO"

"HAHAAHHAHA"

"Y/N-SAN NO-"

---------------------
A/n's Note
Sorry for not posting much. School's been stressing me that I forget to update. Sorry for my grammar and some stuff in the chapter. I will try to improve in the future. I have already planned how this story will go so I won't be stuck on a sentence for an hour. I hope yall liked this and please vote for it. Again, sorry for the late post.