Master and Padawan

Naiomi's POV

I've returned to Coruscant and have been training with the other younglings. It's been a few weeks and I am settling in well. Obi-wan and Anakin usually have lunch with me. As Obi-wan believed it best that Ani started his padawan training on Coruscant.

Padame is still not here, but I know the election for the new queen happened a couple of days ago. Palatine told me about it, Reillata is now Queen of Naboo and made Padame her senator. So she should be here any day now to represent Naboo on the council.

Right now I am in my room examining my training light-saber. Every youngling has one. But when they are ready they will make their own. Then they will become padawans when a master is ready to train an apprentice.

Someone knocks on my door. I place the saber down and stand up straightening my clothes. "Enter" I say and Master Windu enters the room. "Good afternoon Master Windu, how may I help you?" I ask him.

"It is time" he tells me.

"Time for what?" I ask him.

"For you to choose your kyber crystal and make your own light saber. Then you will start to study under your master" he tells me. "Are you ready?" he asks me.

"Yes, where to?" I ask him.

"Ilum" he answers and leads the way to a two seater fighter. We strap in and I smile at R3. We take off and once we leave the atmosphere we jump into hyperspace. We arrive about half our hour later and land. "You have until the sun seats to find your crystal. That gives you several hours. I shall be here, trust your instincts" he tells me.

"You are not coming?" I ask him.

"No, this is a test that each youngling must take alone" he tells me. "Good luck" he says. I enter the temple and head straight until I reach an intersection. I look around not sure which way to go. Then remember what Windu said, I have to trust my instincts. I take a scrap of clothes and tie it around my eyes. I then walk to the right down a tunnel.

I feel a sense of warmth filling me and know I must be getting close. I remove the cloth to see I am in a cavern surrounded by many kyber crystals. But which is mine? Do I pick one at random? I take a deep breath and look around, none feel right. I notice a tunnel to the left, it's small. But I should be able to fit. I feel something calling to me from down it.

I go to it and get on my hands & knees. I crawl into the tunnel and follow it. Until I reach another cavern where there is a lake. That is freezing over. I notice a rock formation in the centre with something shining on the top. I smile that's my crystal. I test the water and shiver. It's freezing.

I look up at the hole in the ceiling and seeing the sun setting. If I wait for the ice to freeze. I could become trapped. I could go back to the other cavern and choose one of the other crystals. But I know they are not my crystal. I just have to quick and pray I can make it. I sit and begin to meditate waiting for water to freeze.

(Time skip)

The lake is frozen enough for me to get to the formation. I slide across it and climb the formation and collect the crystal. I place it in my pocket and leave quickly. Racing for the exit. As I near it I see it freezing over. I drop and slide under it.

Master Windu helps me to my feet. "Cutting it close, did you get your crystal?" he asks me curious. I hold it out to him and he smiles. "Well done young one, lets return to Coruscant and you may make your saber" he tells me.

"Of course, can we have the heater on?" I ask him and he nods his head. We return to the fighter and he flies us back to Coruscant. We arrive and he takes me to a room. Where all the materials needed to build a light saber are along with a droid skilled in doing so. He leaves us to it.

(Time skip)

My light saber is complete and it's green. It reminds me on Naboo. I go to the temple and present myself to Master Yoda. "Very well done Naiomi, it is time for you to meet your new master" he tells me. I nod my head and Master Windu appears.

"I've watched over you since you came here and I am honored to be your new teacher. We may not leave here often, but other masters will help assist in your training" he tells me.

"I look forward to learning from you Master Windu" I tell him honestly.

"I look forward to teaching you" he says and we bow to each other. "Now you have a guest" he tells me and the doors open. To reveal Padame. I cheer and run over to her. Giving her a hug. "You have the rest of the day off. Catch up with your sister and tomorrow, your training begins" he tells me.

"Thank you Master Windu, I shall see you tomorrow morning" I tell him. Then leave with my sister. We catch up as I give her a tour of the temple. We then go back to her new house and have dinner together. Before we called it a night. I woke early the next morning and returned to the temple to start my padawan training under Master Windu.

A/N

Picture above of Master Windu and picture on the external link of Naiomi's outfit.