Ten Year Reunion

Naiomi's POV

It's been ten years since the battle of Naboo. I am now fifteen. For the last ten years I've been honing my skills as a jedi with the help of Master Windu. I'm still a padawan, but I've made great progress. Windu says I should be ready for my trials before I'm eighteen. I haven't seen Anakin or Obi-wan since I was seven. I see Padme whenever I have down time.

Speaking of Padme, something tried to kill her last night. So Master Windu has given me twenty four hours off training. I wanted to be the one to protect her. But she didn't want me near her encase someone tried to hurt me. So Obi-wan and Anakin have been put in charge of her safety. They should be arriving soon.

I reach the senate building and head to the elevator. Where I see two men in jedi robes talking to a droid asking for my sister's floor number. "What's your business with my sister?" I demand placing a hand on my saber. They turn to face me and I notice it's master & padawan. "Well?" I ask them.

"Naiomi?" the padawan says.

"That's my name, who are you?" I ask.

"Don't you recognize me?" he asks me with a smile.

"It's been six years Anakin" the master states.

"Ani?" I ask and he nods. I hug him. "Wow you've grown, when did you get so tall?" I ask him with a smile.

"I'm not the only who has grown, you look great Naiomi" he tells me.

"Thank you, what's with the beard?" I ask Obi-wan.

"He wanted to look wiser" Anakin tells me and I snigger.

"Makes him look older, not wiser" I state.

"Enough you two" he tells us. "It's lovely to see you again Naiomi. You are growing into a fine young lady. And a skilled jedi according to Master Windu" he states.

"I have a good teacher, though I miss my first teacher" I tell him. Then give him a hug. "I've missed you Obi-wan" I state.

"I've missed you too" he says returning the hug.

"Lets go see my sister, she is going to flip when she sees how much you've grown" I tell Anakin. I lead them to the elevator and press the button for Padme's floor. Anakin straightens out his robes, looking nervous.

"You seem a little on edge" Obi-wan says and I nod my head in agreement.

"Not at all" Anakin tells us.

"I haven't felt you this tense since... since we fell into that nest of gundarks" Obi-wan states.

"Do tell" I say with a smile and Anakin scoffs.

"You fell into that nightmare, Master, and I rescued you. Remember?" he asks Obi-wan. Who chuckles lightly.

"Oh yes" he says with a smile.

"You're sweating" I say.

"Relax. Take a deep breath" Obi-wan tells him.

"I haven't seen her in ten years, master" Anakin tells him.

"You'll be fine" I assure him as the doors open. We exit the elevator to be greeted by Jar-jar.

"Obi? Obi! Mesa so smilin' to seein' yousa" he says excitedly shaking his hand.

"Good to see you again, Jar-Jar" Obi-wan says with a smile.

"Padme, your sister and some old friends are here" I say as I head to another room. She turns and smiles at me. We hug each other "I'm so glad you're ok" I tell her. We pull away and she looks at the other two.

"It's a great pleasure to see you again milady" Obi-wan says with a bow.

"It has been far too long Master Kenobi" Padme tells him. Before looking at Ani surprised. "Ani? My goodness, you've grown" she states.

"I said the same thing" I tell her.

"So have you. Grown more beautiful, I mean. Well, for- for a senator, I mean" Anakin tells her.

"Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine" she says with a smile. We walk over to the living room and sit down. I sit beside her on one couch while the men sat on the other across from us.

"Our presence here will be invisible, milady. I can assure you" Obi-wan assures her.

"I'm Captain Typho of Her Majesty's security service. Queen Jamilla has been informed of your assignment. I am grateful you're here, Master Kenobi. The situation is more dangerous than the Senator will admit too" the captain states.

"I don't need more security, I need answers. I want to know who's trying to kill me" Padme states.

"We all do" I tell her.

"We're here to protect you, Senator. Not to start an investigation" Obi-wan tells her formerly. 

"We will find out who's trying to kill you, Padmé. I promise you" Anakin assures her.

"We will not exceed our mandate, my young Padawan learner" Obi-wan tells him.

"I meant that in the interest of protecting her, Master, of course" Anakin tells him.

"We will not go through this exercise again, Anakin. And you will pay attention to my lead" Obi-wan tells him.

"Why?" Anakin and I ask him.

"What?" Obi-wan asks us.

"Why else do you think you were assigned to her if not to find the killer?" I ask him.

"Protection is a job for local security, not Jedi. It's overkill, Master; investigation is applies in our mandate" Anakin states.

"We will do exactly as the Council has instructed... and you will learn your place, young one. You to Naiomi" Obi-wan tells us.

"Perhaps with merely your presence, the mystery surrounding this threat will be revealed. Now, if you'll excuse me, I will retire" Padme states.

"I'll help, besides I to am tired" I tell her. She smiles nodding her head. "Good night you two" I tell Obi-wan and Anakin. Then follow Padme to her room. "Anakin seems to still like you a lot" I state.

"We were good friends" she states.

"I think it's more then friendship to the both of you" I tell her. "I won't tell anyone, besides it's ok to have crushes" I state. She just shakes her head and starts to let her hair down. "So how was Naboo?" I ask her.

"It was good, our parents miss you and hope you can visit soon" she tells me.

"I'll see if once your killer is caught, if I can go for a visit. Master Windu doesn't like me to travel through space alone" I tell her. R3 appears with R2 and I smile. I set them up to detect any intruders. I then lay on the bed with Padme. "We used to do this all the time, before you became queen" I tell her.

"Yes, those days seem like forever ago" she states. "I love you little sister" she tells me.

"I love you too, good night Padme" I say. She wishes me a good night. We both fall into a peaceful sleep. Not knowing the danger that lays ahead.

A/N

Picture above of Naiomi now and picture on the external link of Obi-wan with Anakin.