Capture

Naiomi's POV

"Looks like he stopped at a planet called Geonosis" Obi-wan states.

"Know anything about it?" I ask him.

"It's not apart of the Republic, it's a desert planet" he states.

"Oh wonderful" I mutter.

"It's also surrounded by a large asteroid field that form rings" he adds. "So be ready" he states. We exit hyperspace and detach from our hyper rings.

"There they are" I say as Jango's ship dives into the asteroid field. No doubt wanting to lose us. We dive after him.

"Stay close to me" Obi-wan tells me.

"Of course" I tell him. Soon a dog fight ensues between Obi-wan and Jango. I wanted to help, but I'd risk hitting Obi-wan and I didn't want that to happen. I decide to go around and come at Jango from the front.

Which back fires when Jango goes into a power climb. Obi-wan had to evade each other and nearly rammed into each other. Once we were safe, we shot after Jango side by side and fire at him. Our ships flip, roll, and turn at incredible speed, dodging, weaving and firing. We tumble from near misses.

Suddenly Jango's ship dives. Heading for two huge asteroids. We dive after him, Obi-wan in the lead. We avoid the smaller asteroids, but soon reach one we can't avoid. We fire a torpedo each at it. During the explosion we land on a large asteroid and let lose our spare parts. To make it look like we perished in the explosion.

"Are you ok?" Obi-wan asks me.

"Yes, surprisingly. I'm not usually a good pilot" I tell him.

"You did well" he assures me. "Windu would be proud" he states and I smile. I check on R3 and she's fine. "That should be enough time" he tells me and we detach from the asteroid. We head for the planets surface.

We soon enter the atmosphere and find a place to land. We then get out of our ships and head for a mesa. (an isolated flat-topped hill with steep sides, found in landscapes with horizontal strata). It's night time and very quiet.

I look at Obi-wan, where to next? He looks around and points out a narrow path. I nod my head and we start the steep climb towards it. Suddenly a cry is heard near by and I stumble nearly losing my footing. Obi-wan grabs my arm steadying me as a few pebbles fall.

"Mind your footing" he says quietly. I nod my head and we listen closely. But everything is silent again. We both draw our light-sabers, but don't ignite them. We continue our climb. Once we reach the path a massiff (dog sized lizard) appears. It tries to attack Obi-wan who ignites his light-saber and fights it. Another appears and I engage it. Obi-wan kills his and I cut mine in half and it falls over the edge.

"Are you alright Obi-wan?" I ask and he nods his head. We sets off down the path and I follow. Both of us keeping our light-sabers in hand, encase we need them again. We soon reach a head o a trail and lay down looking at the plain below.

Obi-wan takes his binoculars out and looks through them. "This isn't good" he mutters. "We have to get back to the ships now" he tells me. I nod my head and we race back.

"What did you see?" I ask him.

"Starships from the Trade Federation and the Commerce Guilds are taking deliveries of battle droids from the foundries on Geonosis" he explains.

"But the treaty forbids the Trade Federation from building up an army" I remind him.

"I know, we must tell the Republic" he states. I stand silently beside him as he reported to the chancellor and Jedi.

"Be careful Naiomi, Obi-Wan. This investigation is becoming less than routine. Do you need help?" Windu asks us.

"Let me see if I can figure out what's going on first" Obi-wan tells him. "Stay with the ships" he tells me. I nod my head. While he is gone I decide to run a diagnostic on both ships. I was half through when Obi-wan returned.

"What did you find out?" I ask him.

"You'll find out when I report to the council" he states. He asks R4 to contact Coruscant, but he couldn't. "Why not?" he asks.

"My bad, I'm running a diagnostic" I say sheepishly. "But we can contact Padme and Anakin on Naboo. Have them relay the message" I state.

"Fine, do that" he states. But Padme and Anakin weren't on Naboo. But Tatooine. "Well that's Anakin's tracking signal, all right. But it's coming from Tatooine. What the blazes is he doing there? I told him to stay on Naboo" he mutters.

"What does it mutter?" I ask him. He shakes his head and begins the transmission. While I watch his back. I didn't hear everything, but I heard him mention Dooku and look at him shocked. Forgetting I was on watch.

Until destroyer droids appear. I start to fight them and Obi-wan joins me. But it was no use. We're soon over powered and captured. But our droids got away with the ships. We're knocked out. I come to in a cell levitating beside Obi-wan when Dooku appears. Great.

A/N

Picture above of Obi-wan with Dooku and picture on the external link of Geonosis