Night Attack

(Main room) Third Persons POV

"Captain Typho has more than enough men downstairs. No assassin will try that way. Any activity up here?" Obi-wan asks Anakin.

"Quiet as a tomb. I don't like just waiting here for something to happen to her or Naiomi" Anakin tells him. Though he's more concerned about Padme as Naiomi can defend herself. Obi-wan checks a palm-sized view scanner he has pulled out of his utility belt. It shows a shot of R2 and R3 by the door, but no sign of Padme or Naiomi.

"What's going on?" he asks Anakin.

"They covered the cameras, I don't think they like me watching them" Anakin tells him.

"What are they thinking?" Obi-wan asks him.

"Naiomi programmed R2 and R3 to warn us if  there's an intruder" Anakin tells him.

"It's not an intruder I'm worried about. There are many other ways to kill a Senator" Obi-wan tells him matter of factly.

"I know, but we also want to catch this assassin. Don't we, Master?" Anakin asks him.

"You're using them as bait" Obi-wan says crossing his arm

"It was their idea" Anakin tells him with a shrug. "No harm will come to either of them. I can sense everything going on in that room. Trust me" he states.

"It's too risky... and your senses aren't that attuned, young apprentice. Neither are Naiomi's" Obi-wan tells him.

"And yours are" Anakin says.

"Perhaps" Obi-wan says.

(Padme's Room)

Naiomi and Padme sleep soundly on Padme's bed. A probe droid hoovers outside the window.It sends out several small arms that attach to the window, creating sparks that shut down the security system. Then a large arm cuts a small hole in the glass. A faint sound is heard as the small section of glass is removed from the window. Naiomi groans in her sleep, huddling closer to Padme.

R2 and R3 wake up, and their lights go on. The probe droid freezes. R2 and R3 look around, make a plaintive little sound, then shut down again. The probe droid attaches a little tube to the window. Two deadly looking centipede like kouhuns exit the tube. They crawl through the blinds and land on the floor. They crawl along the floor heading towards the sleeping girls. Avoiding the two astro-droids senses.

(Main room)

"You look tired" Obi-wan tells Anakin.

"I don' sleep well anymore" Anakin tells him.

"Because of your mother?" Obi-wan asks him.

"I don't know why I keep dreaming about her now. I haven't seen her since I was little. Unlike Naiomi" Anakin tells him. He's a little envious and jealous of that. But he understands why Naiomi can see her family and he can't see his mother.

"Dreams pass in time" Obi-wan tells him.

"I'd rather dream of Padmé. Just being around her again is... intoxicating" Anakin tells him.

"Be mindful of your thoughts, Anakin, they betray you. You've made a commitment to the Jedi Order... a commitment not easily broken... and don't forget she's a politician. They're not to be trusted" Obi-wan tells him.

"What about Naiomi? She's her sister" Anakin tells him.

"And a padawan same as you and has also made a commitment to the jedi order" Obi-wan tells him.

"Padme's not like the others in the Senate, Master" Anakin tells him.

"It's been my experience that Senators are only focused on pleasing those who fund their campaigns. And they are more than willing to forget the niceties of democracy to get those funds" Obi-wan tells him.

"Not another lecture, Master. Not on the economics of politics" Anakin whines. "And besides, you're generalizing. The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt" he tells him.

"Palpatine's a politician. I've observed that he is very clever at following the passions and prejudices of the Senators"  Obi-wan tells him.

"I think he is a good man. My instincts are very positive about..." he stops sensing danger.

"I sense it too" Obi-wan tells him. They race to Padme's room. Naiomi wakes sensing danger and sees a kouhun inches from her sister's head. She activates her saber and kills it. Waking Padme. Anakin jumps on the bed killing the one behind Naiomi.

Naiomi's POV

I watch Obi-wan race toward the window and jump out of it. Grabbing onto a probe droid as he attempts to fly away. "Stay here with Padme" Anakin tells me before racing out of the room. Captian Typho appears with two guard members and Padme's hand servant.

"Are you alright me lady?" she asks Padme.

"I'm fine, thanks to the jedi" Padme says. "Are you ok Naiomi?" she asks me concerned.

"Yes, I am fine. Thanks to Anakin, remind me to thank him later" I tell her. "I should alert the council of what happened" I state. "Stay with her until I return" I tell the guards. They nod their heads. I go to the main room with R3 and contact Master Windu. I tell him what happened.

"Where are Obi-wan and Skywalker?" he asks me.

"Chasing down whoever sent the probe" I tell him.

"Very well, remain with the senator until tomorrow. I shale discuss this with the council" he tells me.

"Of course Master Windu" I state. "Master, I know I can't stay with Padme as he protector. But can I please help find the person behind the bounty on her head?" I ask him.

"I shall talk it over with Master Yoda" he tells me. "I shall see you tomorrow" he states.

"See you tomorrow Master Windu" I say. Before ending the communication. I return to the bedroom. "We should try to get some sleep, something tells me tomorrow will be a long day" I tell Padme.

"We'll be in the main room until Master Obi-wan returns with Anakin" Captain Typho tells us. Before he leaves with the guards and Padme's hand servant. I join Padme on the bed and we lay back down. I fall asleep quicker then I thought I would. Sensing no danger for the rest of the night.

A/N

Gif on the external link of the bugs and photo above of Obi-wan & Anakin sensing danger.