Kamino

Naiomi's POV

"There it is, just like Dex said it would be" Obi-wan says as we exit hyperspace.

"Sorry I doubted him" I tell him.

"It's fine, I'm receiving landing coordinates" Obi-wan states.

"Same" I tell him.

"Lets land, remember I'll do the talking" he reminds me. I agree and we enter the atmosphere. We head for the landing coordinates to see a building on an ocean. It's bucketing down with rain. I do a quick scan of the planet and discover it's completely covered in water. With about a dozen or more facilities like this one.

We land on a landing platform side by side. Before exiting our fighters and going inside. Where we're greeted by a Kaminoan. She was tall slender, towering, pale-skinned whose oblong head sat atop elongated neck that allowed them limited flexibility. She has two large, almond-shaped with white pupils.

"Welcome to Tipoca City, Master Jedi" she says talking to Obi-wan. "Everything is ready. The Prime Minister expects you" she states.

"I'm expected?" Obi-wan asks surprised.

"Of course! He is anxious to see you. After all these years, we were beginning to think you weren't coming. Though the padawan is a surprise. Now please, this way" she says leading us down the hall. As she tells us her name is Taun We.

We soon reach a room with another Kaminoan. This one with a fin-like crests atop it's head. Must be a male. "May I present Lama Su, Prime Minister of Kamino... and this is Master Jedi..." Taun We says gesturing to Obi-wan.

"Obi-wan Kenobi, this is Padawan Naiomi Amidala" Obi-wan says and I bow my head.

"Please" Lama Su says gesturing to three chairs. Obi-wan and I sit in two next to each other. While Lama Su sits across from us. "I trust you are going to enjoy your stay. We are most happy you have arrived at the best part of the season" he tells us. If this is the best part of the season, I'd hate to see the worst.

"You make us feel most welcome" Obi-wan tells him.

"And now to business. You will be delighted to hear we are on schedule. Two hundred thousand units are ready, with another million well on the way" Lama Su tells him proudly. Units?

"That is... good news" Obi-wan states.

"Please tell your Master Sifo-Dyas that we have every confidence his order will be met on time and in full. He is well, I hope?" Lama Su asks. Who's Master Sifo-Dyas?

"I'm sorry Master who?" Obi-wan asks him.

"Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. He's still a leading member of the Jedi Council, is he not?" Lama Su asks. Obi-wan's eyes show recognition.

"Master Sifo-Dyas died, almost ten years ago" Obi-wan tells him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. But I'm sure he would have been proud of the army we've built for him" Lama Su states.

"The army?" we ask.

"Yes, a clone army. And, I must say, one of the finest we've ever created" Lama Su says proudly.

"Tell me, Prime Minister, when my Master first contacted you about the army, did he say who it was for?" Obi-wan asks him.

"Of course he did. This army is for the Republic. But you must be anxious to inspect the units for yourself" Lama Su says.

"That's why we're here" Obi-wan states. We stand up and leave the room. Lama Su leading the way, Taun We bringing up the rear. We soon reach a balcony that over looks a huge parade ground. The rain and wind are brutal. Thousands of clone troopers, faces covered by helmets, are marching and drilling in formations of several hundred. I notice a big cruiser also.

"Magnificent, aren't they?" Lama Su asks us while smiling brightly. Obi-wan nods his head.

"What are their names?" I ask.

"They do not have names, they have numbers" Tuan We states.

"But they're not droids, they're living beings. Even if they are clones, they should each have a name" I state.

"We'll worry about that later Naiomi" Obi-wan tells me. I nod and we continue on. We soon walk through a hallway over looking the mass hall. The clones don't have helmets on and they all look exactly alike and in their twenties.

"We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host. As a result they are totally obedient, taking any order without question" Lama Su tells us.

"Who was the original host?" Obi-wan asks.

"A bounty hunter called Jango Fett. We felt a Jedi would be the perfect choice. But Sido-Dyas hand- picked Jango Fett himself" Lama Su states. The council would of never allowed a Jedi to be cloned. I'm surprised they allowed this army to be made.

"Where is this bounty hunter now?" Obi-wan asks.

"Oh, we keep him here. After a few hundred thousand clones, the genetic pattern starts to fade, so we take a fresh supply. He lives here, but he's free to come and go as he pleases" Lama Su states. So he could be the one who tried to kill my sister? But bounty hunters don't usually target people for no reason, he must of been hired by someone. But who?

"Apart from his pay, which is considerable, Fett demanded only one thing - an unaltered clone for himself. Curious isn't it?" Lama Su asks us.

"Unaltered?" we ask.

"Pure genetic replication. No tampering with the structure to make it more docile and no growth acceleration" Lama Su explains.

"We would like to meet this Jango Fett" Obi-wan states.

"I would be most happy to arrange it, for you" Taun We states. She bows before leaving. Lama Su continues to give us a tour. We reach a room with young boys.

"You mentioned growth acceleration" Obi-wan says.

"Oh yes, it's essential. Otherwise, a mature clone would take a lifetime to grow. Now, we can do it in half the time. Those items you saw on the parade ground were started ten years ago. When Sido-dyas first placed the order, and they're already mature" Lama Su explains.

"And the boys?" I ask looking a them.

"About five years ago" he states. We enter a space filled with great racks of glass spheres, which are filled with fluid in which embryos are suspended. "They're immensely superior to droids, capable of independent thought and action" he tells us.

"Very impressive" Obi-wan tells him.

"I'd hoped you would be pleased" Lama Su say while I examine the embryos.

"So you say this army is for the Republic?" Obi-wan asks.

"Yes. We are also very much agasint this Count Dooku and his seccessionist movement. We are proud to be of help to the Republic" Lama Su states. Tuan We reappears.

"I have arranged for you to meet Jango Fett in the morning. I've had a room set up for you and your padawan for the night" she states.

"Thank you, I must report to the council before I turn in" Obi-wan states. "Naiomi go with Tuan We and I'll see you soon" he tells me. I nod and follow her. We soon reach a bedroom with two separate coots.

"Sleep well" she tells me before leaving. I remove my boots and sit on one of the coots. I start to meditate, my saber on my lap. While I waited for Obi-wan to return.

A/N

Picture above of Lama Su, Taun We and Obi-wan. Picture on the external link of Kamino.