Chapter 3

Trigger warning: Homophobic slurs

"DCS I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" JJ screamed in a loud, booming voice. John B and Chloe both jumped before they realized who it was. JJ's favorite pastime was scaring his friends just for the excitement and honestly Chloe loved it.

"You dick!" Chloe exclaimed. JJ came inside the house laughing. "Gotcha!" Chloe grabbed a pillow and then threw it at the boy.

"You should've seen your faces, you were like," JJ said as he made a horrified expression. He then walked straight over to the fridge and grabbed a drink. JJ usually did not get much to eat or drink at home so he was another mouth to feed. Whenever, JJ bought food he brought it to John B's house.

"Wow, I haven't seen soda's in your house in a while bro, how'd you get your hand on these?" He asked.

"Ward, you may not like him but the man pays really good," Chloe replied. JJ scoffed at that comment.

"Rich kooks man, also John B, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara."

"Here we go again." Chloe was cleaning out the house again while JJ sat on the couch and bothered John B. The house was very dusty and it was driving her allergies insane.

"She's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you!"

"She kissed me on the cheek. It's not like we were making out," John B muttered.

"You start blushing bro."

Chloe giggled at that because it was absolutely true. "I blush?" He asked.

"Yes," JJ and Chloe said in unison.

"I gotta admit, your father's compass in Scooter's boat, that's freaky shit," JJ stated. Chloe nodded in agreement. She found it strange that Scooter would have the Lucky Compass that Big John always carried around, especially since he was missing.

"Should we go talk to Lana?" Chloe asked. "She may know a thing or two."

"Yes," John B answered. "That's a great idea Chlo."

"I'm sure she'd love to speak with us, it's not like her husband just drowned or anything," JJ snapped. John B looked at Chloe and shrugged.

"It's worth a try."

The three teens walked out to the van. They made their way to Lana Grubb's house which was very run down and messy.

"Whoever lives here smokes way too much weed," JJ observed.

Suddenly a loud crash came from inside the house and the teens could hear a women screaming. John B's eyes widened but he ushered JJ and Chloe to follow him. "Why are we going closer to the crashing sounds?" Chloe asked quietly.

They sat under a window and John B held his finger to his lips telling them to be quiet. The whole situation made Chloe feel sick, they definitely were not supposed to be here.

"Tell me where it is, or I'll fuck you up!" A loud burly voice said. More crashing sounds came from inside the house making Chloe's face go pale. Paint chips were falling from the sides of the house and landing all over the trio. Chloe dusted the paint off of her shirt and hair.

"The compass wasn't in the boat!" The trio all exchanged looks at each other and gulped.

"I don't know where it is!" Lana sobbed.

"Let's get the hell outta here, man," one of the men said. The three teens watched as the two men from the boat walked out of the house. They were the men that shot at them!