Chapter 5

Trigger Warning: Sexual Content(Fluff)
--------------------

Chloe stepped back so Kiara could make it out of the tomb. She was holding some sort of package in her hands. "Well that's not gold," JJ said.

"This is from my dad," John B stated with a big smile on his face. Chloe was in shock at the fact that they actually found something this time. Suddenly the group heard a vehicle pull up and the headlights shone through the cemetery.

"Code red. Code red. Square groupers."

"It's the guys who robbed your house," JJ whispered. Chloe put her hand over his mouth so he would stop talking. 

"Light, your light," Pope muttered. John B shoved the lantern into his shirt to hide the light it was emitting.

"Do you think it's them?" Kiara asked quietly.

"Would you guys shut the fuck up," Chloe snapped. JJ peered around the corner slowly.

"Homie's got a gun folks, screw this."

JJ stood up and made a run for it. Chloe and the others followed closely at his heels. "Right here!" The men yelled. The teens ran through the graveyard and reached a fence. JJ boosted Chloe over and then pulled himself up.

"Shit!" Kie shouted.

Pope made his way over but got his pants caught in the fence. "Guys, I'm stuck! I'm stuck!"

Kiara ran over to the boy and tried to help him over. "You're gonna rip me. Wait. You're gonna rip me!" Pope's pants started to rip but finally he was on the ground. The teens started laughing at him as he covered himself and ran to the ran.

"It's a little Tootsie Roll," John B snickered. Kiara and Chloe busted out laughing and finally everyone was in the van safely.

Once they got home JJ pulled out bread and peanut butter. "Always thinking with his stomach," Chloe said.

"That bread had mold on it three days ago," John B replied with a disgusted look on his face.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts. Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism," JJ explained.

"JJ!" Kiara exclaimed.

"Yup! Yup! Hot damn let's do it."

John B opened the package while JJ took a bite of his sandwich. He gagged and spit the bread out right away. Instead was a large map.

"Holy shit," John B whispered.

"X marks the spot," Pope added.

"Longitude, latitude.Wait, there's somethin' else in there."

John B pulled out a small tape recorder and immediately pressed the button to play it. "Dear Bird."

"Oh my god!" Chloe exclaimed. "That's him John B."

"I hate to say, "I told you so," but I told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either." Chloe's mouth dropped open.

"No way," Pope whispered.

"You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly Father of the Decade. What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn. And hopefully, we're listenin' to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in Costa Rica, livin' off passive investments and pulling on permits. If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, well, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. If somethin' happens to me, finish what I started. Go for the gold, kid, and bring Chlo along too. She's the sweetest girl to walk the Earth. I love you, Bird, even if I didn't always act like it. I'll see you both on the other side." The tape recorder clicked off. Chloe felt warm tears filling her eyes, Big John was like another father to her.