Chapter 7

"Let's go John B!" Chloe exclaimed.
Chloe followed John B through the streets of the island. They lost the cop car when they hopped over a fence. Unfortunately running wasn't going to help, they needed something faster, biked.

"Hey, what's up, Jorge? What's up, bro?" John B asked. "Hey, look, there's a snow leopard!"

The boy stupidly looked back letting the two teens grab his bikes. "What the hell?"

"We'll give them back! I swear. I'll leave them at the park." Chloe and John B peddled down an alley. A group of young kids were riding their skateboards over a ramp. They needed to do the jump because the cop car was close behind them. "Stay in school kids!" Chloe exclaimed. John B hit the ramp first and flew over the fence. Chloe gulped as she started to peddle faster.

You see, there's a saying about hitting a jump. When hucking, it's safe when you commit. Which, like in a lot of commonly accepted wisdom is bullshit. Chloe hit the ramp and flew over the fence and suddenly slammed right into a chain. The girl slid off her bike and landed on the solid concrete. "Fucking fucker!" Chloe exclaimed. "Argh!"

"Did you just yeet over that chain? Oh... Oh, my God. Holy shit, your shirt," Sarah said.

Chloe looked down and her eyes widened when she saw the blood spot on her green shirt. She looked back up at Sarah's face and smiled. "Fancy seeing you here and that's not good at all," Chloe whispered. John B sat on his bike watching the scene go down.

"Nice one C," He snickered.

"Shut up. Take me to the hospital please."

Sarah and John B grabbed one of Chloe's hands and pulled her up. They hurried into Sarah's car and John B ducked down in the backseat. "Hey, do you... do you see a car? Like a... like a cop SUV? Blue and white, maybe?" Chloe asked as she pushed her seat back to the point where she was laying down.

"Yes, there is a blue and white cop SUV," Sarah replied.

"Shit. Do you see a guy with no neck?" John B questioned. Sarah giggled and looked towards the street.

"There is a guy. He, in fact, does not have a neck."

"Can you... can you just go, please?"

Sarah started the car and drove past the cop. Chloe sat her seat back up and looked back at John B, whom was laying in the backseat. "Why are the cops after you? What, did you two rob a bank?" Sarah asked.

"Probably better if you didn't know," Chloe said.

"What are you? Like fugitives?"

"Hey, you know what? Just take a left, please. I gotta do something," John B declared.

Sarah took a left onto the street where John B dropped his picture. The boy got out of the car, grabbed the picture and hurried back into the seat. "You don't need to take me to a hospital, drop John B off with JJ."

Sarah then drove a few streets down to JJ's house end dropped John B off. The blonde boy was standing around with Pope when they arrived. "Be safe John B."

"You too Chloe."

John B stepped out of the vehicle and joined his friends. Sarah started up the car again and drove to the Figure 8. "I said no hospital please."

"We've gotta clean that wound," Sarah stated as she pulled into her driveway.

"Here? Why? I don't think your dad would like to see me bleeding all over his house."

"So don't bleed," Sarah snapped.

"Yeah like I can help that!" Chloe exclaimed with a laugh. Sarah held Chloe's hand and led her through the house. Suddenly Ward's voice boomed through the house, "Hey Sarah."