Alternate Ending

The night George witnessed Dream die was one of the hardest nights he had ever seen, and nothing could ever change that for him.

George made his way home slowly but surely, and unlocked his house going straight to bed not wanting to think anymore. He turned on Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers and slowly drifted off to sleep, crying, while listening to it.

- - -

George had awoken the next morning, slowly at 8:10 am, he was rolled over facing the wall not motivated to get up and do anything. He just wanted to stay there and wait for a call from Dream. Dream's calls where his escape from his 2020 reality.

George heard clanking coming from downstairs which made him shoot up from his bed.

There was loud crashes, that sounded like pots and pans had fallen, George got a weird feeling in his stomach and he opened his door and shouted downstairs, "If anyone is down there, you're not welcome and please leave!"

George heard a small gasp and footsteps followed. George slowly made his was to the stairs and that's when he saw,

Dream.

George fell to his knees and broke down sobbing. But the Dream George just saw wasn't the 2020 Dream, it was the 1970 Dream that George was in love with.

Dream rushed up the stairs and embraced George in the tightest hug he had ever had.

"H-How are you here Dream..." George stuttered threw the tears.

"Well George, it's quite a long story actually," Dream started with a smile. "When i first realized that i loved you i knew that i had to be with you and love you. I know you'll say i'm full of myself, but i deserve to be loved by you. And i couldn't take it anymore. I needed to see you and be with you in person." Dream's eyes slowly started to become glossy.

"I don't understand..." George stated.

"I made a time machine george." Dream said bluntly. "That's how i'm here, i also cloned myself to leave a version of myself in 1970... my clone has all my memories and is exactly like me with my dna and everything... so no time line will be erased."

George sobbed, he couldn't believe it. "This better not be some sick prank Dream.."

Dream scoffed, "It's not george, i wouldn't prank you like that. Plus if it was a prank how am i here in 2020 with you, holding you?"Dream smirked. "Also um, sorry for making a mess in your kitchen. I kinda fell" Dream laughed at himself. George just laid in Dreams arms crying happy tears. He couldn't believe that he was touching and being held by the Dream he loves. The Dream he NEEDS.

George needs Dream more than Dream realized. Especially with what he witnessed last night. This was the best thing that had ever happened to George. He was still confused about how Dream did all that but he chose not to ask anymore questions, he just wanted to cherish the moment he finally had the man he loved, with him in 2020, not in 1970.

Dream picked up the weeping George and took him to George's bedroom, laying George down on the bed and Dream followed, and held George so tight because he never wanted to let George go. He couldn't let George go, he never wanted to. He could never bring himself to leave him. George felt the same way. He never wanted to leave Dream.

They both where head over heels for each other and this was the moment in time where the two young men had finally met and where able to feel each other's warm skin touching the other. Not just George touching Dream's foresty green, cracked hand print.

"I love you so much" George said after he stopped crying, with his head buried into Dream's chest.

"I love you so much too, you have no idea"

George hummed in agreement as he has the biggest smile on his face.

"Oh you remember my friend Sap?" Dream asked.

"Yes, why?"

"Uhh, so i left the time machine for him. Later today he's gonna come into 2020 too. I didn't want to leave him behind, he's my best friend" Dream chuckled.

George nodded in response, "that's okay. Maybe i can be his friend too."

"You could!" Dream smiled. "Also George... i have another question" Dream asked a bit nervous.

"Yes..? Why do you seem nervous Dream?"

"Because um.. I wanted to know if you could be my boyfriend George" Dream asked while his heart rate increased due to his nervousness.

George's eyes got glossy again. "Yes yes yes!! I would love to" George cried, happy tears as he pushed his lips against Dream's. Dream happily accepted the passionate kiss that George was giving him. It was there first kiss and both of the young men felt fire works exploding inside there stomachs.

This was the happiest both of them had ever been. It was a dream come true for the both of them... To be able to hold and cherish each other in the same timeline of 2020.

—-
Well, this is my alternate ending to Flowers From 1970! I hope you enjoyed :) In no way, shape, or form am i trying to change the story. I just wanted to make an alternate ending for fun! I had the idea last night, so i decided to do it. This is my original alternate ending to this story, so please don't post it as your own work or re upload it.

I didn't really edit this at all, so if theres mistakes i'm sorry!!

Thank you for reading! And i will be posting some stories soon if you guys want to check them out, just follow me if you want to check them out later :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day, remember to eat, drink water, and get some sleep!! I love you all ❤️