My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend

"All my girlfriends are my boyfriend
But they won't mess up my makeup
Yeah, my girlfriends are my boyfriend
But we're never gonna break up."
My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend; Demi Lovato ft. Saweetie

-

"Oh my god, did you really say that to him?" Zara Korhonen, a Broadway star born in Finland, yelped when she and Nina Zapatero heard about Hestia's recent incident with Ethan. Hestia just nodded her head with a confident smile that happened to be real. She grabbed a piece of Margherita before stuffing it into her mouth. Yes, her best friends snuck pizza into the hospital.

"I wish you saw the look on his face, that psychopath really thought that he could march in and I would jump into his arms. Metaphorically, not that I'm actually able to do that," she laughed and almost choked on her pizza.

"Who are you and what have you done to old Hestia?" Both Zara and Nina knew the real Hestia Schmidt. But she was way too deep in the person she was supposed to portray, so it was not unusual for her to keep the mask on even when it wasn't necessary. There was no escape, a risk of a scandal crawled behind her back like a dark shadow.

"I killed her," Hestia shrugged nonchalantly like it was no big deal. She wasn't hundreth percent genuine but she said it out loud to believe it too.

"That's the only crime I tolerate," Nina laughed, "you did the right with Ethan, Tia. That guy was no good, we tried to warn you many times. But I get that, you loved him, unfortunately."

"I know, I was stupid. What would I do without you, you are my guardian angels. Literally," she glanced at Zara, who just waved her hand, being humble as always, "I don't know how to make it up to you because what you are doing for me is unbelievable. And I always stupidly chose men over you. But that is going to change, I solemnly swear," Hestia lifted her hand in the air, "I'm done with guys, I'm done with dating. No more chasing men brainlessly. I really want to embrace my single life, be on my own to get to know myself better."

"But you can't control who you fall for," Zara wiggled her eyebrows. She could write a whole novel about it. Zara Korhonen, a rising star that had recently made her debut on Broadway, fell in love with a gardener. A combination not many would expect to work out but it did and little birdies in the trees were already chirping about possible wedding. Hestia would lie if she said she didn't feel a ping of envy every time she saw them being happier than ever.

"That's true," Hestia nodded her head after claiming the last piece of pizza that was lying in the box, "I mean, if someone comes around, looks at me the right way and tells the right jokes, then why not. If I trust them enough. In the end, I want to share my life with someone at some point. But definitely not right now. And I won't be searching for it. If it comes, it comes."

"You don't need a relationship, Tia. You've been chasing after guys since forever, you always wanted someone to not be alone. No offense, but you always end up with an asshole who only breaks your heart. Don't get me wrong, I would love you to have a nice guy by your side. But you are a gorgeous independent woman that doesn't need a man to feel better. Enjoy being a single lady, you deserve that. And if you would ever needed a quick rush of adrenaline that's what one-night stands are for," Nina confidently added while folding the now-empty pizza box. She was the complete opposite of Zara and Hestia when it came to love. She never felt a need to have a relationship, she was loving the solo life with no strings attached.

"Ew, I could never do a one-night stand," Zara exclaimed while scrunching up her nose, "sleeping with a random person...ugh, it sounds filthy to me."

"We know, Miss Uptight and happily taken," Nina playfully rolled her eyes, making Hestia laugh, "and I wasn't even talking to you but to Miss Finally got rid of her psycho ex."