Trust Fall

"I wanna trust, then I wanna fall
Tell me that you'll catch me when I trust fall
And I want it all, tell me not to worry when I'm blindfolded
Lights broken
Love me when I'm out of my mind."
Trust Fall; Bebe Rexha

-

"Would you like something to drink? A cup of chamomile tea, perhaps?" Hestia offered Mick as soon as she let him into her humble dwelling. To someone who already had a chance to get to know her a bit better, the house represented Hestua's current state of mind. Sad, lonely, confused, overwhelmed. Trying to figure herself out. Lost in the world, swallowed by her own thoughts and emotions. 

"That would be lovely, thank you," Mick thanked her politely. Hestia nodded her head before disappearing in the kitchen. Mick was left all alone in the living room. He couldn't fight the feeling of awkwardness as he was standing in the middle of the room, not sure what to do. That is why he decided to follow Hestia in the kitchen that was as small and minimalistic as the rest of the house, "Sir Lewis Hamilton did well, didn't he?" He turned a new page of their conversation when he caught up with her again.

"Indeed he did," she let out a chuckle and turned on the kettle, flickering her attention to her late-night visitor, "but I want to discuss someone's sixteenth place in a rubbish car. Any further comments on that?" she crossed her arms over her chest with a playful smile plastered on her face. A breathy chuckle escaped from Mick's lips as he switched his look to his shoes.

"Well, I did finish last because all the guys behind me didn't make it till the end-"

"But you did and that is a great success!" Hestia exclaimed, and her eyes went wide as soon as she realized how overly enthusiastic she sounded, "for a debut," she added quickly. She really struggled to understand herself and her newly acquired behavior. Mick looked up again, watching her with great curiosity.

"How so you are supportive of others yet show no support to yourself?" Hestia didn't answer straight away. Instead, she turned to the kettle and poured water into two cups with tea bags.

"It's easier to be a friend to others than a friend to me," she muttered, not sharing a glance with Mick. She returned the kettle back on its spot and moved her eyes on the cups, waiting for the tea to be finished.

"I didn't know you have tattoos," Mick suddenly changed the topic of the talk, his eyes focused on blue butterfly wings peeking from Hestia's white cardigan. He hadn't seen her without a thick jacket and long sleeves, which would perfectly hide a tattoo or two.

"Oh, yeah," Hestia looked over her shoulder to steal a quick glance at her butterflies, "I love tattoos and I've always wanted to have some. But my manager and the whole team was against it because it didn't fit the image they wanted me to portray. You know, good girls don't do tattoos," she tried to laugh it off but was very well aware of how abusive her management was. 

"Why didn't you do it if you wanted to? They have no right to forbid you from doing what you want with your life," now Hestia realized how much she prioritized her career over her own well-being. She would gladly ruin her life just to be successful and respected. She would just sit and listen because her team knew the best.

"I was afraid that I would lose everything," Hestia shrugged, "but before I left America I told myself to stop being a pussy for once. So I went into a saloon and made a few of them. I have a letter H here," she showed up her left wrist, "which is the first letter of my sister's name, Harper. On my right wrist, I have letters Z and N. Those are the first letters of my best friends' names, Zara and Nina. Then I have a Leo zodiac sign on my ankle," Hestia said before lifting her right leg a bit to show the small tattoo, "which is the most Leo thing a Leo can do," she let out a small chuckle, "and the butterflies-" Hestia stopped talking when she got to the biggest tattoo on her body that carried the most vulnerable meaning. She wanted to tell him what they portrayed, but something was holding her back.