Sweet Relief

"Baby I can't help myself
I'm seeing you everywhere I go
I don't dream of anyone else
All I need, sweet relief."
Sweet Relief; Madison Beer

-

Now free of flickering thoughts, Hestia started noticing things around. Those that were previously obscured by the shadow of Samael, "you have a new hairstyle," she noted now that she saw Mick in a manufactured daylight. His hair was shorter, much shorter than she remembered. It didn't steal any of his handsomeness, not in a single way. Yet she couldn't help but grieve over the temporary loss.

"You noticed?" Mick had trouble hiding his surprise, although he was secretly expecting it. But when the dreams become reality, we tend to take a double look to see if we are not just being delusional again.

"I noticed straight away," Hestia answered nonchalantly as if there was nothing showstopping about it. It wasn't a particularly invisible change. She motioned for him to give her the stained T-shirt, hoping to alter her focus. As if every single wrinkle and crease wasn't already burnt into her brain like a stamp on a skin, forever imprinted.

"So, what do you think?"

The moment he said it, he revealed what had been unknown to Hestia until now. And she let her intrusive thoughts win this battle, "holy fuck," she blurted out, unaware of how straightforward it was. She'd had images of his naked body before, but not even that could prepare her.

Mick let out a sheepish chuckle, confusion all over his face, "pardon?"

Hestia's eyes went wide as she realized how terribly she'd embarrassed herself, "no, nothing, I just," she laughed at herself, pinching the bridge of her nose, "I remembered a silly story...and how silly it was...do you want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?"

Nothing still clicked in his brain, but he would be foolish to refuse food, "sure."

"Uh-uh, cool," Hestia quickly turned around to avoid the situation of staring too much and blushing too much afterward.

"You didn't answer my question," Mick's words stopped her mid-way to the bathroom. She closed her eyes for a moment, he really seemed to hate leaving things unresolved.

However, she didn't turn around, massaging the shirt in her hands, "what was the question?"

"What do you think of my hair?"

She took a deep breath, "never ever do it again," she quickly let out and before Mick could somehow react, she disappeared in the bathroom. She hoped to have peace, at least for a while. But oh, how wrong she was.

"What?" Mick muttered to himself and when he looked up, he found himself alone in the room, "Wait!" he followed her into the bathroom. Hestia almost groaned when she noticed him in the mirror, "Why?" he asked, leaning against the sink, where Hestia was washing his T-shirt, "my mum likes it."

Please, don't stare at his arms. Please don't stare at his shoulders. Words Hestia was repeating in her head like a prayer. Did it work? No.

"You look like an egg," she managed to let out, focusing her gaze on the shirt soaked in soapy water.

Mick looked at himself in the mirror, "are you implying I look like Mazepin?

"Exactly."

"Alright, opinion noted."

Hestia squeezed the T-shirt to get the water out, then she took a good look to see if the stain was gone, "listen, you look good...you always do," she walked past him to hang it, "but I've seen better on you. That's what I meant."