Carried Away

"I'm an open book
Typically I feel misunderstood
No one could know me the way you could
No, I don't keep nothin' inside."
Carried Away (Love To Love); Surf Mesa ft. Madison Beer

-

Hestia entered the paddock area from the back entrance in the company of Mick's manager Sabine as well as other team members, the whole group making their way to the motorhome of the American team. Hestia perfectly molded in thanks to the team clothing, bucket hat, and sunglasses. No one would even guess a famous daughter was hidden there like a precious jewel. Yet Hestia couldn't help but anxiously flicker her eyes around the area, searching for hidden flashing lights. She was so used to bumping into intruders with every step taken that no place in the world felt safe enough.

At first, she wasn't sure if she wanted to hang around this highly public spot too much. If any so-called celebrity wanted to fake interest in motorsport, Monaco Grand Prix was the way. The possibility of Hestia's features being recognized reached dangerously high levels. She already was being bullied by her manager via Nina on every given occasion. Hestia wasn't the only person Paul Travinski had under his surveillance. However, he was well aware that the gorgeous butterfly should return to its golden cage before the strings around the wings would loosen up.

Hestia felt a pang of immense guilt that her best friend had been going through such abuse only because of her own selfishness. The entertainment industry is a tough nut to crack. Altruism hurts you. Narcissism hurts everyone around. You would be called a scheming manipulator if you keep switching between the two extremes. It's a fight you can never win, yet you arm up and enter the minefield every single day, knowing you will come home black and blue.

When Mick told her how many things he wanted to show her, she agreed to see the first two practice sessions from the Haas garage, when the world of Formula 1 does not get as crowded. He vowed to take care of her no matter what. She already stepped outside of her comfort zone because of him, he didn't want her to regret the made decision.

She played the servant of the people, again. But maybe this time, it was for the best rather than hide in a shell, missing out because of strangers she never met. Life is like a wound from which streams of blood escape every day till there is nothing left anymore. Why should she hold down when her life is the only thing that truly belongs to her?

Hestia took off her shades, timidly spectating the place when she and Sabine sat at the table in the hospitality, "I made sure you will be safe from any curious eye this weekend," Hestia shot Mick's manager a coy smile, there was still a long way for her to find the ease. One moment of carelessness could jeopardize everything or nothing at all, "you must be really special to him."

Hestia knitted her eyebrows together, fidgeting with her fingers, "Wouldn't he do this for anyone if necessary?"

Sabine wasn't given a chance to expand her idea as Mick joined them. Sabine noticed the distinctive shift in the atmosphere, only confirming her theory. They were dear to each other, there was no doubt about it.

"Is Günther somewhere here?" Mick asked while looking around, leaning against the chair handle, "I want you to meet him."

"The Mister He does not fok smash my door himself? That would be a privilege for me," she glanced up at Mick who had his eyebrows raised and an amused expression plastered on his face, "I happened to binge-watch the whole Drive To Survive in like two days," Mick felt his heart flutter, she was interested in what he was passionate about. He made a mental note to do the same for her too.

"He's strict but not that aggressive."

"Well, you didn't fuck smash his door yet, did you?" Mick shook his head with a giggle, "Yeah, we'll talk after that."