Anyone

"I used to crave the world's attention
I think I cried too many times
I just need some more affection
Anything to get me by."
Anyone; Demi Lovato

-

"When I read the script for the first time, I immediately fell in love with Francis. I can't reveal much just yet, but he is a very interesting person to follow. He might seem like an anti-hero at first glance, he made some terrible choices. But he will have some major character development, mostly thanks to Daphne, who will be his guiding light through the darkness. I love how complex the characters are and that is mostly Hestia's merit as she helped writing the script," Timothy Turner, the main male lead of Sunset in Malibu, answered one of the questions with a bright smile. Hestia's cheeks acquired a darker shade at his compliment, they were set to have a marvelous time shooting the movie. It was the first time the love interests were interacting in public, and everyone could already sense the natural chemistry.

The creators had so much faith for the upcoming movie, deciding to heavily promote the project, even though the shooting barely started. It may be a mistake, or it may not. They were willing to put all in because the price shimmered so nicely. Sunset in Malibu was the talk of the industry and yet, no one had seen a single frame. The minds behind it were not willing to let this one-in-a-lifetime opportunity slip away. The movie was supposed to succeed, no matter what.

A few luckiest got an opportunity to join an exclusive video call with the director and the cast to ask questions and see some exclusive footage. Because journalists were not allowed to attend, Hestia was somewhat excited about the event. She still had to watch every word coming out of her mouth, anyone involved could use them against her with malicious intents. It was exhausting to be under such a scrutiny every second of a day.

"Thank you, Tim. I believe that's all we have time for," the host of the call spoke up just at the moment when one of the fans unmuted her microphone to land her question. After hearing the host's words, however, she quickly muted herself again, acting as if nothing had happened.

No one, except for Hestia, noticed it. She wondered whether or not to speak up and disrupt the perfectly schemed plan. But screw that, the girl deserved her moment, "Wait, hold on," Hestia interrpted the host abruptly, "I think Frida wanted to ask her question, am I right?"

"I did," Frida peeped, brushing a few strands of her raven hair from her face, "but it's fine."

"No, Frida, go on, please," Hestia encouraged the girl, ignoring the host throwing daggers at her through a kind smile.

"Thank you so much. It isn't a question, actually. I just wanted to say how brave and inspirational you are, Hestia. I can't even imagine how much pressure you must be under every single day. Please, be careful and look after yourself," Frida spoke with a slight stammer, having a hard time not letting her eyes flicker all around, "sorry, I had to let this out," she waved her hands before muting herself.

A soft rosy shade graced Hestia's cheeks, genuine compliments like this were unique. Words can be a magnificently powerful weapon; they can stab like a perfectly sharpened dagger, but they can be as warm as mother's hug on a foggy cold morning. Hestia beamed at the girl throught the screen, "Thank you, sweetheart, this means a lot to me. And I'm always careful, don't worry," she assured Frida, although omnious dark clouds were slowly gathering overhead.

-

Not many days after the call, a shortened version was published on YouTube. After promoting it on her social media, Hestia decided to re-watch it. After that, her attention moved to the modern warzone: the comment section. It was mind-stopping how hostile people can act towards one another without knowing their psyche, finding a reason why the other should be the laughingstock. Even though tons of positive comments were peeking at her from every corner, Hestia's eyes seemed to only focus on the hateful ones shining in bright red.