chapter six

I didn't see Jennie for over a week after we went shopping. Well, she didn't see me at least. The next day, I spotted her boyfriend going into her house. He was there for a few hours. The most painful hours of my life.

My self-control was really improving. When it came to Jennie, I seemed to lose all sense, but I had been working on it and keeping myself in check with the reminder that I had to go about things a certain way if I wanted this to end perfectly.

I followed him home and I got a better look at him, around five foot seven, maybe mid-twenties, some would say handsome, but he wouldn't be once I was done with him. He lived on a quiet street. I was hoping he lived alone, it would have been easier to kill him, but it was unlikely he lived in a house by himself.

I watched him walk inside the house, took down the address on my phone, and left without being seen.

The next Friday, Jennie messaged me again, inviting me to go out clubbing with her and her friend.

I had been in a club once. I hated it. The best part of my night had been stabbing someone outside in the back. A stupid move, so I never went back. But it had been too long since I'd been close to Jennie, she knew me now, so I couldn't do my shopping trips where I got a good look at her face.

So, I told her I'd come.

By the time Friday had come, I hadn't managed to find out much more about Jennie, it seemed she only associated herself with the blonde girl and the boyfriend, which was good for me; the fewer people around her, the easier it would be to make her mine.

It wasn't my intention to isolate her from everyone in her life, but if they came between us, I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

I was ready by 22:00. I wore the nicest clothes I owned that were still relatively practical. I didn't own clubbing attire, but I made an effort with my hair and face.

Jennie had texted me that she was already at the club by the time I was setting off. I flashed a false smile at the bouncers when I got there and made my way in.

The smell hit me first, followed by the loud music and I pushed past some drunk people in search of Jennie. This is why I didn't come to the club, so many potential victims that would be so easy to kill; I would end up getting addicted.

I found Jennie at the bar where she said she'd be, her blonde-haired friend was next to her. It was about time we met.

"Lisa!"

Jennie seemed a little drunk as she screamed my name and pulled me in for a hug. I didn't hesitate to pull her tight. I took advantage of having her so close to me and took a whiff of her hair. I looked up to see her friend looking at me.

"This is the friend I told you about, remember? Rosie," Jennie says as she pulls out of my arms.

"Hi Lisa, it's nice to meet you." She put her hand out for me to shake. Formal. And very odd. I instantly got the feeling she didn't like me, or maybe she was weirded out since she just saw me sniff her best friend's hair.

"It's nice to meet you too, Rosie. Jennie told me all about you." I shook her hand. Her grip was firm, firm enough to tell me she was sending a message. My own grip tightened.

"Yeah, she told me about you as well. How you had conveniently been there for her when the bus didn't turn up," she narrows her eyes at me, but I just smile.

"I'm glad I was, it was dark and she was alone. Any psycho could have approached her."

"My thoughts exactly."

She's onto us already. She has to die.

Oh Rosie, how I hoped you wouldn't be a problem. Oh well, Jennie would get over you with time. I would be there to help her get through it. She only needed me anyway.