chapter ten

Dry mouth. Throbbing head. Serious nausea. Oh God, please don't throw up. Just stay still. If I stay still, it will pass.

Okay, good to move now. Should probably start with opening my eyes.

Oh God. Turn it off!

That's the sun. Can't turn the sun off. I don't think Jennie would like that very much.

Jennie.

I could still smell her.

Where was she?

Where was I?

God, that sun is fucking bright. And my mouth is so dry, like cotton. I need some water. This isn't my place.

Jennie's place! We're at Jennie's place!

Ah, that's right. Where is she though? Not next to me, where I last remember her being, that's for sure. I remember telling her I liked her last night. Or did that just happen in my head? Everything is still a little blurry. No matter. If I did say it, or if she brings it up, I'll just tell her I meant what a wonderful friend she has been to me. It's not as if I confessed my undying love for her or anything.

Water!

Okay, I'll check the kitchen first for her and relieve my dry throat whilst I'm at it.

"Jennie?" I call out as I find the kitchen, but she's not there.

Water!

Oh yeah. There's a glass on the side and tap water has never tasted so good. Where the fuck is Jennie though?

Go find her.

Yeah, this is definitely a good excuse to do some snooping around. I'm inside Jennie's place for the first time. Can't let this opportunity go to waste. I'll check her bedroom first. I have to see her bedroom.

I make my way up the stairs quietly. I don't want Jennie to find me just yet. I hope she's not in her room. If she is, I hope she's asleep.

I open the first door I find. Jackpot.

Definitely Jennie's bedroom, I can tell. Plain white walls, large double bed, white bookcase. There's a lot of study material, relating to forensic science, I assume. There's also a lot of novels, murder mystery from what I can tell, a few romances, I think. I can't really make a judgement. I was never a big reader.

Moving closer to her bed, I spot more pictures. Her and Rosie. Her and another woman. Who was she again?

Mum.

Oh yeah, she had a lot of pictures of her mum. Her bed is neatly made. I wonder where she is. The pillows smell of her. God, she smells good. Maybe I should just get in for a little while.

Check her clothes.

What kind of underwear does she wear? Let's find out. They're in the first wooden drawer I open. Pretty plain, basic.

She would look good in them.

I close my eyes and imagine her in nothing but the underwear I'm holding right now. She looks fucking amazing. I just want to turn her face down into her own bed and--

Smell them.

I smell them. They just smell freshly washed. If she found me like this, sniffing her underwear, what would she say?

Take me.

I should take her. Right now. I've waited long enough. Where is she?

Go find her and grab her.