vi. shortstack

"I mean, it's obvious, right? He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?" John B said as JJ twirled the compass around his hand

"Ohh. Let me take it. I can be like a fortune teller." Quinn hummed from behind JJ, carefully snatching the compass out of his hands as he began talking to John B.

Quinn turned to Pope and dangled the compass from my finger tips. She smiled at the sight of the small smile gracing his lips as he pointed at her hand. "It's gonna be like one of the gender prediction shit pregnant women do." Quinn said, tilting her head to the side as she felt a smirk go on her face as Pope rolled his eyes, holding back a smile. "I'm not pregnant." Pope said, making Quinn shrug. "I don't know. My fortune telling compass is saying otherwise." Quinn laughed out and leaned towards Pope, dangling the compass over his stomach.

"What now?" Quinn asks after a few seconds of the chain swaying back and forth. "Well, first of all... you should know since you're the fortune teller but if it goes back and forth in a line it's a girl, if it goes in a circle..." Pope looked down and watched as the necklace went in a cirlce over his stomach, making Quinn chuckle. "It's a boy!" Quinn sang, making Pope roll his eyes and hit the compass away from him, making Quinn put her attention back on the main conversation.

"I- I don't need a therapy session, okay? I'm not trippin' out. Look, my... my dad is missing, okay? Missing. You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering." John B yelled. Quinn slid down her seat at John B's words. "Its been almost a year." Kie mumbled, making Quinn whip her head to her "Kie." Quinn warned her, not wanting her to finish her thought.

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility." JJ suggested making Quinn roll her eyes. "Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere." Pope added. "Absolutely. Uh... or Atlantis." JJ said.

Quinn shook her head at the boys jokes, leaning in between the two front seats as she looked at John B. "What do you think the message is?" "Redfield. The lighthouse. That's my dad's favorite place." John B said as he pulled up to the lighthouse and they all got out of the car.

"Right. You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" John B said as he walked up to JJ. "Wait. Why me?" JJ asked, making a Pope sigh. "Because you two are not coming." "Why?" JJ asked, making Quinn bring a hand to her forehead, looking to the blond. "Look, JJ. There are independent and dependent variables. And you are independent variables. We don't know what you will do."

JJ rolled his eyes, ready to make a snarky remark to Quinn but John B immediately spoke up. "Listen to me for a second. Pope, Quinn, you two stand look out with him. Okay? If we split up, we meet back at Quinn's house-" "Wait, my house?" She asked, furrowing her brows.

John B nodded his head. "Yeah, your mom makes good snacks and no one will think we'll be there." "Great!" Kie cheered as her and John B walk into the light house.