xv. let him go

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland." Sarah scoffed out as JJ pulled up to a wrecked mobile home. Pope sighed at the look of the place, shaking his head and turning back to JJ. "I don't know about this, man."

John B squinted at the house, turning to JJ. "Dude, why are we at Barry's?" JJ sighed, getting out of the van. "This'll only take a second."

"What?" Quinn mumbled under her breath from the back, moving to open the sliding door. "JJ! Where you going?" She yelled after him. "Yo soy justicia." JJ yelled as he walked towards the house.

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope and and Quinn shook her head, sighing as she watched JJ walk into the house before turning to the group."You know somebody should..." "Yeah, I got it." John B grunted, going in after JJ. "Right." Kie mumbled.

Pope sighed from beside Quinn, getting up to move out of the van. "This isn't gonna end well, is it?" Quinn let out a tired groan as she and the other girls got out of the car. "Probably not." She mumbled as she grabbed her foot, pulling it up to stretch it.

"All right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry about that, y'all." JJ said as he walked out of the house, a wad of cash in his hands. Kie rolled her eyes, looking at JJ like he was crazy. "So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?"

Sarah nodded along with Kie, turning to JJ. "This Barry guy's gonna find out. And he's gonna come after us." Pope nodded crazily, taking a step towards JJ. "Yes, he will. This is not the time to start wilin' out."

"How'd you like havin' a gun pulled on you?" JJ yelled, tilting his head sarcastically. John B walked right up to JJ's face. "Relax." JJ pulled his lips into a line angrily, pointing at John B's forehead. "He had it right here on you, bro."

"Look. We've gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit. We're putting it back." John B said, grabbing the cash out of JJ's hands, going to walk towards the house before JJ pushed John B against the van.

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh? What are you gonna do when he comes for us?" John B asked. "We punch him in the throat." JJ said, making John B let out a dry chuckle. "Yeah, good fuckin' idea, JJ."

JJ shook his head, taking the cash back from John B and walking into the van. "I'm not putting it back." He counted the cash as he sat in his spot in the backseat before realizing no one got in with him, making him look up at the group and chuckle. "You guys getting in or what?"

Quinn tilted her head sadly at JJ, slowly shaking her head. JJ let out a confused chuckled, shrugging. "What?" He asked, getting out of the van.

"We're sick of your shit." John B scolded, making JJ's eyebrows raise. "Oh, my shit?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Your shit. Your pulling guns on people shit." Kie said, crossing her arms over her chest. Pope took a small step towards JJ. "You acting like a maniac-" "Okay, Pope, I took the fall for you, man! Know how much I owe because of you?" JJ yelled.