xxiii. letter from limbrey

Quinn say in her history class, staring down at her test as she bounced her pen against the desk, not really noticing or caring about the students side eyeing her the noise she was creating

Quinn say in her history class, staring down at her test as she bounced her pen against the desk, not really noticing or caring about the students side eyeing her the noise she was creating. When the classroom door opened, Quinn lifted her head and her back straightened when she saw her principal walk in.

"Mr. Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute?" The Principal asked. Quinn's eyes widened at the question, turning her head to the side to lock eyes with Pope in the seat beside her. Pope gave Quinn a confused expression as Mr. Sunn's jaw dropped, looking at all of his students before turning back to the principal. "We're in the middle of a test."

"It's from the Vanderhorst Foundation." The principal spoke and Quinn's jaw dropped as a smile grew on her face. Mr. Sunn sighed in defeat, turning to Pope. "Mr. Heyward, it's for you." He said in a slightly annoyed voice. Pope looked up at the principal before turning to Quinn in the seat beside him. Quinn gave him a big smile and two thumbs up, making him laugh as he got out of his seat and followed the principal out of the class.

Quinn turned back to her test but didn't even have time to read her next question before a pencil was thrown at her head. Quinn winced in pain as she could hear Kie scold JJ. The blonde girl turned around and looked at JJ with a confused look. "What was that for?" She whispered, not wanting to be too loud for Mr. Sunn to hear.

"What was that all about?" JJ asked, nodding his head towards the door Pope walked out of. Quinn shook her head at the question, shrugging. "I know everything you know." She said, a little too loud.

Mr. Sunn looked up from his desk and pointed at Quinn, taking off his glasses with his other hand. "Please get back to work." The teacher yelled, not wanting to call kids out.

Quinn turned back to her own desk, going through and reading and answering a few more questions before the door to the classroom opened and Pope sped inside, darting to his seat.

"Okay, what was that?" JJ whispered from the seat beside Pope. Quinn, not wanting to get reprimanded by Mr. Sunn again, didn't turn her body all the way to face the group and instead, watched the conversation from the corner of her eyes.

Pope held up an envelope with a gold wax covering to keep it closed. "Is that the wheat symbol?" Quinn heard Kie ask freon the seat behind Quinn and the Robbins girl could see Pops nod his head. JJs eyes widened as he leaned back in his seat, his hands going to his hair. "What the f—" He started before realizing how loud he was, the whole class turning to him. "fu... fu... fudge." He said and slowly, students started turning back to their tests as Mr. Sunn turned back to his desk.

Quinn craned her head back to look at JJ, her eyes glaring in a joking manner. "Nice save." She whispered, only to be met with JJ flipping her off.

...

When the bell rang, the four ran out of Mr. Sunn's class and headed for the library. Quinn, Kie and JJ all took seats at the row of computers as Pope stood beside them, leaning against the desk Quinn was at on the end. "Okay, so that guy was from the scholarship committee. Take a look at this." Pope said, hanging the envelope to JJ.