Not a Friend| Alex x Ren

Jonas, Ren and Alex were at the front- or the mouth of Beacon Beaches' cave. They had just finished playing Truth or Slap. A game where you can smack around liars. At the end of the game however it hadn't gone too well.

Clarissa had asked Alex a question about Michael.

Alex's deceased brother.

It resulted in the game ending.

"Clarissa seems to be her normal annoying self," said Ren, sounding kinda down from the previous experience, "Sorry about that, guys."

"It isn't your fault," said Alex, "It was a harmless game and somehow Clarissa made it bad." Her voice echoed a little in the cave.

"Well actually the game is not so harmless," muttered Jonas, "You get to slap people. Remember?" He made a hitting gesture emphasizing his point.

"That is if they lie," said Ren, backing up Alex, "You get to slap people if they lie."

"Also Alex."

Reginald looked right at the blue haired girl with his light brown eyes. He smiled a little.

"Thanks for not ratting me out about Nona. You could of-" he pushed back his fluffy bangs, "But you didn't. So thanks."

"Yeah of course, Ren."

Ren had a crush on Nona for a while now. Alex couldn't help but feel a little jealous. She was a closer friend to Ren.

"About Nona," she muttered.

"What? Did she say something about me?"

Ren's face lit up.

"No."

Alex kicked some sand. "I'm just wondering," she said, "What....what do you see in her?"

It was quiet for a moment and you could only hear the sound of dripping from the back of the cave.

"Well," said Ren, "She's chill. And hot! At the same time."

"You know they're other fish in the sea," murmured Alex, putting her hands in her back pockets.

"Like who? You?" teased Ren.

It was a joke but it caused heat to rush to Alex's cheeks and her brown skin to turn lighter. She tried to think of a joke or a sarcastic comment to add on to his stupid statement but she was tongue tied.

Ren's grin faded and he scratched the back of his neck. There was a awkward silence.

"Anyway," he said and lowered his voice to a whisper, "I'm going on a little trip to cupcake town." Ren turned his back and walked to the other side of the cave. He pulled out a brownie from a plastic bag, that was in his pocket, and began to eat it.

He probably walked away because he didn't want to share his brownies- or cupcakes. Whatever. Which was fine. Alex didn't do drugs.

"Do you like him or something?"

asked Jonas when Ren was surely out of earshot.

"Wha- No," Alex quickly said, "I was just looking out for him."

"Sure."
"No really!"

"Your face is all red," he said and laughed.

She felt her cheeks. They were warm.

Dammit.

"Whatever," she huffed, "Let's just see what Ren wanted to show us."

Ren never understood why Jonas laughed so hard or why Alex was red as a prune.