A Shared Mindscape

Warnings: mention of personality disorder, slavery, past child abuse, panic attacks, past character deaths, and some of the secrets of the Hatake. This chapter is mostly about Faiashi's past, including the Leaf Village Founders.

Please Enjoy!

__________

"Let's begin," was the last thing Kakashi heard before the world softly faded into a restful nothingness.

A moment passed, as Kakashi's eyes slid shut and he, the two toad guards, and the room changed to a monochromatic blues, as everyone else remade unaffected. Until the room faded away as they started drifting down onto a white glowing path, the Yamanaka then lead the group down what seemed to be an endless path. While Jiraiya and the Third Hokage walked behind the Yamanaka, Kushina holding one of Obito and Rin's hands keep the two students by her side, with Minato following from behind making sure that no one fell behind.

"What is this place?" Obito asked, before quietly adding, "I didn't think being in Kakashi's head would be so blank."

The Yamanakainterrogator,  gave a small snort, before politely answering the boy's question, "this is Kakashi's mindscape. Think of it as the space between of conscious and the subconscious. This is the path to the subconscious where all of Kakashi's memories are stored."

The group followed the path that slowly morphed into what appeared to be a solid trail, that was edged with vegetation similar to a wide mountain path that still had the white glow. However, this glow was not eerie in any way, it almost appeared comforting like a warm hand guiding them toward their destination.

While keeping his stride steady, Inoichi couldn't help but feel something was off. Kakashi was not resisting the jutsu, but he feels that there is something hidden. It feels like another presence linked to the mind of the last Hatake. The Yamanaka interrogator, brow slightly frown, knowing that only jinūriki have two mindscapes.

The path stops at a large circular doorway, closed by pair of shoji sliding doors, that slipped open without the Yamanaka's assistance. Revealing a short path to a traditional shoji door that dawned the large outline of the Hatake clan symbol, on the crisp paper screens of the door.

The Yamanaka interrogator grinned as he can feel Kakashi's static yet calm chakra surrounding the door. It lets the Yamanaka understand that this is the entrance into the last Hatake's subconscious and memories. However, to the left of the door was a door frame that to a small empty room that gave off a negative pressure. It was like the darker personality of Kakashi being formed. This highly concerned the Yamanaka since this one could be the start of a personality disorder, like bipolar disorder, or something complex like multiple personality disorder. While he inspects the pressure of the separate door, Inoichi thinks another Yamanaka has influenced and is mentally attacking Kakashi. This would explain Kakashi's confusion when he snap about his father and then grabbed his head right after, and the creation of this pressure and room.

The emotions in the room were rule-bound, merciless, and unconscious loyalty, as the Yamanaka suspects this force influence is probably what Kakashi's attackers believes is how a shinobi should be. It's a form of brainwashing like Inoichi knows the Yamanaka clan used during the Warring States Period. When the Yamanaka would brainwash enemy shinobi into becoming spies for their clan. Inoichi knows that this part of their clan's past has left a scar on his clan, and one that they want to be erased from their clan's history.

Anger quickly swelled up inside him, at the thought of one of his own clansmen attacking and mentally torturing a child. The anger was soon replaced by the determination to catch the perpetrators. For jutsu like this, to be used on someone loyal to the Leaf Village, it is punishable with death.