Before It All Began

Warning: violence, blood, swearing, mention of possible suicide, and minor character death

Please enjoy!

__________

The dark rolling clouds cover the crescent moon as Kado, who appeared to be around ten years younger than he was now, jumped from tree to tree, skillfully dodging the kunai that was consistently being embedded into every branch he lands on. While three squads of cloud Shinobi started to close in around the Fujino, trying to cut off his escape routes. Lunges burning, feet aching, Kado continued forward, throwing shuriken and paper bombs attached to kunai behind him to distract and break up his enemies' formation. Only for a cloud Shinobi to suddenly appear out of the trees, just within his peripheral vision on his right side, ready to use the element of surprise to cut down Kado with his katana. Fortunately, the Fujino immediately blocked the enemy's blade with his katana. Forcing the metal of the two swords to screech together, forming sparks when the metal blades collide. Kado tried to push the cloud Shinobi away, only to get stabbed with a Kunai in his left hip. Then received a strong kick right above the embedded kunai, making the leaf shinobi collide with the dirt road under the branch he was standing on.

Kado grimaced in pain, as he used one quick tug to dislodge the kunai from his flesh, while the cloud ninja stood in front of him, sword raised, ready to deal the finishing blow. Time seemed to slow in what Kado thought were his final moments. The enemy's blade lowers towards his head, while he raises his gloved hand that is still clutching onto the kunai still covered in his blood. Before the two weapons could meet, Kado's eyes widened in shock as a rouge kunai sliced through the air. Only to bury itself deep into the right side of the cloud Shinobi's skull with enough momentum to make the body fall to the side serval feet.

"Kado!" The voice rang out of the night's darkness.

Kado turned towards the voice to see his two teammates and closest friends. Ryo Kohaku, their team's medic, is a gentle soul. Ever since they were genin but can suppress his emotions to perform his duties as a strong and capable Konoha Jonin. While Taiki Inuzuka has a fiercer personality and is extremely protective of friends and family to the point where he's more stand-off-ish towards people who don't fit into those categories. They were a genin team together, and are still together as jonin, but not just as brothers in arms, but as brothers by choice.

Taiki reached him first, after throwing that kunai at the now-dead cloud ninja. While Kado is still trying to catch his breath, the Inuzuka offered a hand to the injured Fujino. Then commanded in a sharp tone. "Come on! Off your ass, and on your feet!"

Kado let out a breathless amused huff, as he added, "what took you guys so long?" While taking the offered hand, the more muscular Inuzuka helped him rise to his feet.

Taiki huffed while revealing sharp fang-like teeth through a large side smile, as he quickly muttered, "pff, smartass."

Before the Fujino could reply, Ryo was standing next to them. The medic immediately spotted the bloodstain on his hip growing at a sluggish rate. Then spoke a low determined voice, "you're hurt," as started reaching with a glowing green hand.

"It's nothing if we get it cleaned and stitched up quickly. Don't waste your chakra. You'll need it," Kado firmly replied, knowing that the enemy is still close by.

Ryo ignored his injured friend's answer and made quick work of knitting the puncture wound back together. Kado did not get the chance to scold the medic as several cloud Shinobi charged at them again. The fight continued for several long minutes that felt like an eternity. However, the three Leaf shinobi were outnumbered, exhausted, and slowly being driven into a corner. The Fujino searched for ways they could all escape, but couldn't see any way out without one or two of them die in the process.