A Traitor or Savior

Warnings: blood and violence, minor swearing, child abuse, minor character death, and horrible editing on the authors part (sorry)

Please enjoy!
__________

"Uh... What the hell just happened?" Jiraiya asked, wanting to know what Danzo wanted with the bastard that tried to kill his honorary nephew.

However, Jiraiya looked around to see that Inoichi, the Third Hokage, were back in the middle of a dome-shaped room. Still, in front of memory scroll that blackout on him, as multiple of those mysterious black marks that are circling around the walls started giving off a faint humming sound.

"Is Kado resisting the jutsu again?" Hiruzen asked wondering, why the memory disappeared. While a bit concerned about Danzo's role in this situation, or if his old teammate and friend were in the wrong place at the wrong time, again.

"Well, yes and no," Inoichi answered in an unsure tone as he studied the humming black that was slightly vibrating. Then added, "I think it's the curse mark that is causing the instant blackouts." The young Yamanaka interrogator knew it was obvious that the curse mark was interfering with his jutsu. However, he needs to make sure the Third Hokage and Jiraiya were on the same page as him. They warned, "We are going to have to proceed carefully. If this mark kills the brain, there is a high possibility that we could be put in the same position, as well."

Before Jiraiya could speak, Hiruzen asked, "is it still safe enough to proceed?"

"Yes, sir," Inoichi answered with confidence radiating from his calm tone.

The Third Hokage nodded as he spoke, "Good. I want to make sure Kado's mind is intact for his punishment for what he's done to a child of our village."

"Shall we proceed, then?" Inoichi replied, only to receive silent nods. Then with a strong pulse of chakra, the Yamanaka interrogator forcefully opened the next memory scroll.

__________

The room was dark, with only a single overhead light dangling above a wooden square table. That's had a calendar and other pieces of paper scattered about on top of the wooden surface. Around the table stood a group of eight shinobi, all wearing the Anbu uniforms. Each one was wearing different masks most of them were plain masks with different colors and patterns painted on them. While the higher-ranking members of the group had masks that represented an animal. Kado didn't really know how he felt about his mouse mask since it's not the cat mask he wanted all those years ago.

"When should we do this?" Kado asked, deciding to get back on topic before they get caught.

"I suggest this date," the male voice beneath the canary porcelain mask says while pointing at the date on the calendar. Then added, "the Hokage and his council will be gone for a meeting with the Lord of Fire. The sannin will also be gone in a mission."

"What about Sakumo Hatake and his brat?" Another voice asked from the shinobi in the tiger mask.

"They will both be in a village during this time. This is when we must strike it is our best opportunity," The man in the Canary mask replied.

"And you, newbie? Are you going to hold up your end of the bargain?" The broader male shinobi in the bear mask asked in a mocking tone.

One of the shinobi standing at the far end of the table removed his owl mask to reveal themselves as Reiji Kudo. The Fujino could tell that this was no longer the Reiji that he knew. The man's eyes were sunken in as his cheekbones were far sharper than they used to be. However, the darkness in his eyes is what sets him sets them far apart from the man that Kado once knew.