Team Dinner

Minato was in a good mood, so far today has been a better day than the past few weeks altogether. His students had finally stopped arguing amongst themselves, soon after Jiraiya left. Kakashi and Obito were able to find common ground, but they didn't apologize for the hurtful words that were exchanged. However, the team's teamwork overall was improving, slightly, but Minato was just fine with taking baby steps. The Namikaze was also happy that Kakashi was starting to get a little more of his appetite back. During the team's lunch break, the team could feel fewer eyes on them, which made Kakashi relax a little, but Minato could still tell that the silver-haired nin was still on full alert. The blonde was just relieved that his students were starting to get along for more than ten minutes. Plus, Kakashi spaced out only two times so far today and was able to snap out of it by himself. Which is a huge improvement from the past few weeks when the little Hatake would spacing out five to six times a day and was only able to snap out of it was when someone was yelling his name multiple times making the boy jump or flinch.

The yellow flash knew Jiraiya said something to Kakashi because the boy seems more at ease and not as on edge around him, which is a huge improvement from the start of the week. Minato didn't know if Jiraiya mentioned him by name, but Minato vowed to make sure he thanked the toad sage for whatever he said to his youngest most stubborn student.

"Okay guys, training's over for today. let's go get some dinner Krishna said she should have it ready by then." Minato beamed as he watched is tired students, slowly rising from the ground after a whole day of sparring.

The three students followed they Sensei to his house. Usually, Minato tries to keep his students in front of him, so he can keep an eye out for any potential dangers. But today Minato leads the way with Obito right behind him asking how he can improve his ninjutsu. While Rin walks behind the young Uchiha with Kakashi followed a few paces behind her. The Hatake quietly followed with his hands shoved in his pockets as he watches the snow-covered ground as he was walking. While answering Obito's questions Minato glanced at Kakashi worrying that the young chunnin was lost in his head, again.

However, before Minato could intervene, Rin slowed down and walked with Kakashi then started asking him questions about the tannish Brown book that he was reading during lunch. Fortunately, it seemed to work because Kakashi looked up at Rin and started explaining what little of the plot he's read up to now. Minato smiled at the two as Rin talked about other book subjects. Like how she enjoys reading books on medical ninjutsu and ask Kakashi what other topics that Kakashi likes to read, to keep the conversation going.

When they pass for the marketplace for the second time today, the little Hatake could feel a few icy glares on him, but nothing compared to the last few days. Obito held his head up high and quietly muttering that he and Rin left quite an impression on the villagers. Rin just rolled her eyes, giving a slight shake of her head before glancing at Kakashi. Who let out an exhausted sigh, but when the team was about to pass through a civilian neighborhood, Kakashi stopped.

"Kakashi?" Rin questioned in confusion to why Kakashi suddenly stopped.

"Kakashi, is there something wrong? Why are you stopping?" Minato questioned noticing that Kakashi remained unmoving.

"It's nothing," Kakashi stated as he started walking at a slower pace.

Little did Minato know that his good mood was about to change. Minato said nothing knowing that Kakashi would not tell him what's on the boy's mind. Minato did a quick survey of the area but cannot detect any possible threats only a few civilians passing through their area. Team Minato continued their way through the neighborhood as Minato walked in front as a group with as Kakashi walked slightly behind his right side with Obito and Rin walking on either side a Kakashi. Minato couldn't help but notice that they were similarly positioned as bodyguards for Kakashi. As the team walks through the neighborhood, two middle-aged women were standing in front of the house, talking amongst themselves.