Expectations

Warning: violence, minor swearing

_______________________________

Kakashi slowly opened his eyes thankful that his mask was protecting his lungs from all the debris in the air. The boy peered around at the damage. Fortunately, the metal staircase and the crates were able to hold the weight of the fallen building, but Kakashi noticed that small shards of glass and metal surrounding him. For a moment Kakashi thought he survived the building's collapsing completely unscathed until he felt small wet patches on his head while Kakashi's doglike nose caught the scent of iron. Carefully, Kakashi runs his fingers through his messy silver hair and found five tiny cuts check for any glass or metal still in them or any other injuries, but luckily, that was all he sustained.

Kakashi took the short opportunity to calm down his frantic beating heart and hide his chakra signature again. Until a sudden gust of wind that seeped through metal cracks causing the metal to screech as the rubble shifted against each other, but Kakashi knew the wind was too strong to be normal. The boy quickly forms his hand signs and silently called out, "Head Hunter Jutsu," before digging into the ground concealing himself within the earth.

On the outside of the demolished building, the scar-faced man used his sword to make another strong gust of wind causing the rubble to shift again. Until he felt soft vibrations moving from the road back towards the canyon, then jumped and landed between the two.

"Come on out, I know where you are!" The scar-faced man's deep voice ranged out, but nothing happened in response.

"This is your last chance, face me like a man before I rip you out of the ground," he threatened eyes scanning to ground.

A few seconds later the masked boy's head popped out of the ground. He studied the boy that climbing out of the ground and stood in a defensive position with a tight grip on his kunai. The kid's silver hair was covered in dust, rust, and small pink patches indicating that the kid got a few cuts on his head. The ANBU also noticed the blood that was sluggishly seeping the boy's clothing on outer right thigh and ankle tape and shoes, but other than that the boy seemed reasonably in decent shape for surviving a blast that took out a large metal warehouse and Itsuki.

"My name is Hiroto, and you?" The scar-faced man introduced himself as he sheathed his katana.

"Kakashi," Kakashi answered flatly after a short pause but kept his kunai out in a defensive position.

"How old are you, Kakashi?" Hiroto asked his deep voice had a kind and curious tone, as he sat in a crouched position.

Kakashi stared at the man, who probably trying to get information on him before he responded flatly, "that's none of your business."

Hiroto grinned at the smart boy about twenty-five feet away and kindly replied, "you are a very talented young boy, Kakashi." Glancing at the destroyed building then turned his attention back to Kakashi and added, "it's an honor to be able to cross swords with you."

"Thanks, it's an honor as well, Hiroto," Kakashi answered after a moment of shock as he bows his head a little, but his eyes always remained on the man.

"Kakashi, if you give me the scroll, I promise I won't kill you, just knock you out," Hiroto offered to the boy hoping he'll accept.

"Do you really think I would agree to that, I'm a shinobi of the village hidden in the leaves, and it's my duty to complete my mission," Kakashi answered with a determined look in his eyes.

"Then the least I can do is give you a quick death," Hiroto signed sadly unsheathing his katana getting into an attack position, Kakashi pulled out another kunai taking a deep breath and prepared to fight.