Intervention

Warning: mention of child abuse and violence, minor swearing, panic attacks, and trauma

Please Enjoy!
__________

"Umm, Ms. Auel?" Rin ask nervously, not knowing if she was allowed to call the creamy, blonde-tipped wolf by her name.

"Auel is fine child," the wolf replied with a calm soothing voice and warm chocolate brown eyes. Which reminded Rin of her own mother's patient loving tone, but was brought out of her thoughts by the wolf softly asking, "Was there something you to ask little one?"

"Oh, yeah, uh... will Kakashi be able to make a full recovery?" Rin asked embarrassed by getting the wolf's attention only to get lost in thought. Auel's black lips slowly curled upward at the flustered girl, as Rin quickly continued, "I mean, I know Lady Tsunade says Kakashi's condition is stable, but that seal you used on Kakashi looked painful, and since he is still unconscious, I just wanted to make sure Kakashi is going to be alright."

"As long as you don't remove his pendant, the pup will be fine," The wolf answered in a thoughtful tone.

The dire wolf was grateful that her human pup was able to meet such caring and loyal humans that all truly love him and treasure the lone Hatake. Auel has met and lived alongside many humans in the hundred and twelve years of her life and has seen both light and darkness within the species. Like, her mother, Auel has hopes for humanity, even if there are times, she thinks it is doomed.

"So, what was Kakashi like when he was a little?" The little Uchiha asked in a curious tone but trying to look like his disinterested.

"A young boy that's much different from the child he is now," Auel answered in her usual cryptic manner.

"What do you mean?" Obito questioned with a small pout.

The cream-colored wolf looked at the Uchiha, answering swiftly, "no one is ever born mature. However, the world gives situations and struggles, where some have to mature far more beyond their years, in order to survive."

"I guess that makes sense... What was he like thought?" Obito questioned still trying to imagine what the little Hatake was like before his father died. He could still remember the little prodigy that had eyes that curled upward as he held his father's hand, saying something that made the White Fang of the Leaf laugh. Sometimes the young Uchiha is amazed at how much Kakashi has changed, since their little game of kick the can.

"A young child, that was always seeking adventure, a place of belonging, with a large smile and that filled the air with a carefree laughter," Auel answered with a small curl of her dark doggy lips as if remembering happier times.

"Hmph," Obito replied while scrunching up his face and giving a frustrated pout.

"What is it, Kitten?" Auel questioned, sensing the dissatisfaction flowing strongly through the little Uchiha's chakra.

"Nothing, it's just hard to imagine it. And don't call me 'kitten'," Obito grumbled through puffy cheeks. He wants to understand but is struggling since he doesn't fully know what Kakashi's life is like, only the situation the last Hatake is living through right now.

The cream-colored wolf simply let out a soft chuckle, before speaking in her soft motherly tone, "that's alright, Kit. You are still young, and in time you will come to understand how this world can be seen in many ways, and how all living creatures must adapt to it."

"Pretty way to say that the shinobi world can be a living hell," Tsunade retorted, seeing how the dire wolf sugar-coated of pain and suffering this shinobi world can be.

"Hmm, and here I was beginning to wonder where your personality falls. And your humor is a mix of Uzumaki, Senju, and Hatake." Auel answered with an amused grin, then goes silent moment as she recalls Mito's and Tobirama's dry, and almost cynical sense of humor.