Leaving Already?

While sitting at the table already in his jonin uniform, Minato was on his second cup of tea as Kushina reread over the copy of Sakumo's scroll for the third time this morning. It was around five in the morning, and since Kushina usually spends most of her time at Minato's house and since today was her day off she was in her civilian clothes while they debated on what to do next. So far, they started writing a complained to the Hokage about the how the villagers are treating Kakashi, and how about seventy-five percent of the village's stores and business refuse to sell to the boy or charge him extra. They also mentioned in the complaint that Sakumo's death should be looked into again.

"Minato do you really think that this means," Kushina started, but stopped and turned her worried gazed to her boyfriend instead of the scroll.

"I don't know for sure I don't have much experience when it comes to suicide notes," Minato replied honestly. Then added almost as if he was thinking out loud, "but no one other than Kakashi knows what happened that night."

"That's true," Kushina started but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Minato and Kushina, both instantly knew who their guest was by their chakra signature. Minato got up and to welcome their guest as Kushina filled another cup for their welcomed guest. Minato opened the door revealing the tall man with messy long white hair pulled into a loose ponytail and dressed ANBU-like gear with a large scroll tied to his back.

"Good morning, Jiraiya-sensei please come in!" Minato greeted warmly as he closed the door behind his Sensei.

"We're still having breakfast if you would like to join," Kushina pointing to the plate of extra souffle pancakes on the counter while rolling up the scroll she asked, "so, what brings you here so early in the morning?"

"Well that's a funny question, you see, I just finishing up on being debriefed on my next mission yesterday evening and as I was leaving the Hokage Tower I spotted a little yellow-headed brat sneaking out of the records building," Jiraiya explained with a smug smirk. As he sat at the table after getting himself a plate of food and leaving the toad's scroll by the door. Then added after taking a sip of the tea, "but at the time I was too tired to care, so now after getting some sleep I'm curious to know what you two are looking for."

Minato and Kushina looked like two children, who got busted for stealing from the cookie jar, which was amusing for Jiraiya as he started eating his meal. But was surprised when the two younger jonin huddled whispering to each other and sending glances at the toad sage, who raised a curious eyebrow. After the two jonin reached a conclusion, both sat normally in their chair as Minato activated a privacy seal.

With privacy seal activated, Minato took a deep breath and responded, "we are looking into the death of Sakumo Hatake."

"Why?" Jiraiya asked seriously not beating around the bush like usual. Exceptionally when it comes to the death of one of his closest friends.

"I came across some interesting evidence when I was searching the Hatake compound yesterday," Minato answered honestly knowing his Sensei would be able to tell if he was lying.

"Kakashi let you in the compound, why?" Jiraiya was stunned at the thought of Kakashi have guests at the compound, 'but Kakashi doesn't let anyone into the compound sometimes not even me, and I'm practically the brat's uncle!'

"Well he didn't let me in per se, more like I broke in," Minato answered slowly with a hint of nervousness in his voice, and Kushina just took shook her head in the palm of her hand.

"We were trying to find proof of abuse towards Kakashi," Kushina commented frankly, deciding to just come out with it, as Minato laughed nervously rubbed the back of his head.