XXVII

I gasped for air, sitting up. I saw Zion beside me, coming to as well.

I reached over, grabbing him as he laughed so hard he began coughing.

"Who saved who this time?" I said, smiling at him as he stared back at me, pride in his eyes. Seeing him smile made my heart flutter and for once, the horrible images didn't resurface. Seizing the moment, I pressed my lips against his in a quick kiss that sent my entire body buzzing with electricity. All I cared about in that moment was that he was okay. I hadn't even realized we had an audience until I heard someone dramatic clearing their throat.

"Let me know when you guys are done," Jeremy said, gagging.

"Just wait Jeremy. That'll be you and Bonnie soon," she teased, winking at me.

"Well, it seems we all made it out of the that test in one piece," Edward commented, impressed.

"Wait, who's that?" Zion asked me, nodding over to Esat who was staring at us with no shame.

"My sister," I said and his eyes widened in shock.

"Edward made her keep it a secret. Don't be mad at her," Esat said, smiling at me. I mouthed a thank you before returning the smile. As someone known for lying and hiding thing, I appreciated any out I could get.

"Don't get too comfortable. I'll be telling your mother you snuck off without telling her," Edward warned.

"As long as I'm with you, she won't mind," she said, smiling sweetly at Edward as she threw his threat back at him.

"You know how dangerous it is for you to be out here," he said sternly.

"Give me a break. I bet Saron didn't tell her mother before she came out here, did you Saron?"

I choked on my spit, not expecting her question. I opened my mouth to respond but finding nothing to say, I closed it. Everyone else shifted uncomfortably until Star broke the awkward silence with, "We should probably get going."

"How close are we to seeing the witch?" Tom asked, clearing his throat awkwardly.

"A day's journey if we hurry," Edward replied.

"Since we have Esat, we don't even have to fight anymore. She can just stop time and we can run away," Jeremy said confidently.

"You told them your power?" Edward said, glaring at Esat angrily.

"They won't tell anyone. I trust them."

"You barely know them," Edward snapped.

"They won't tell anyone, Edward. We're wasting time," I said, annoyed.

"It'll be faster if we use our powers instead of walking," Zion offered.

We all nodded, ready to end this trip and see the witch.

"Very well. Esat, you're with me. Everyone, stay in twos. Incase anything happens, we need to protect one another."

"I'll stay on the ground with you," I said to Zion. He nodded before changing to his werewolf form. I did the same, taking a bit longer than him due to my limited changes. Star and Joel took the air. Tom and Jeremy as well. Crexus grouped with Edward and Esat since he couldn't keep up with me and Zion on the ground in our werewolf forms. Esat stood, gawking at my werewolf form until Edward physically picked her up and placed her on his back.

I smiled at her, well I tried to. A smile in my werewolf form is more threatening than heartwarming due to my razor sharp teeth but she got the message. I took off running, Zion by my side. I looked at him to the side, catching his eye before using my vampire powers to speed up faster. Howling, he too sped up until he caught up to my pace. We were traveling easily much faster than we had been the past two days since we were no longer walking.