XXXV

"She's finally waking up. Don't knock her out this time Sarav."

I raised my hand to my head as my eyes drifted open. Sarav's blow had really hit its mark. My head was killing me.

"If you don't want us to harm your friends, I suggest you listen to me carefully and do exactly what I say," Bay said, coming to stand in front of me.

"What do you want?"

"Liam seems to think you're interfering with his magic."

I cocked my head back, laughing before I was able to stop myself. I mean really, how pathetic could she be? All of them. Liam was a psychopath and yet, here they were doing his bidding. What could they possibly gain from this?

"Aren't you tired of being Liam's lapdog?"

"I told you we should just kill her. We aren't going to get anything out of this," Sarav said stepping forward threateningly.

"She's barely been awake a minute. Can you try to restrain yourself?" Bay snapped, standing between her and me.

"What is it? Money? Power?" I persisted, curious to know what was driving their foolish loyalty to Liam.

"What are you talking about now?" Bay asked, turning her head towards me in annoyance.

"What did Liam offer you? Because I refuse to believe the same woman who came to me saying Liam was corrupt and had to be stopped suddenly had a change of heart and decided to follow him again. So it had to be someth-"

I tried to continue but I could feel my throat closing in on itself as Bay shot a murderous gaze my way. I clawed at my throat, but it was no use. There were no hands around my throat, this was magic. And from the look on Bay's face, she wasn't going to be letting go anytime soon.

Suddenly, I saw her go flying into the wall so hard, she cracked through it leaving her stuck within it with only her legs hanging out. With Bay under attack and her focus broken, my throat opened up leaving me coughing and wheezing as I gasped for air. Before Sarav could process what was happening, she joined her on the opposite wall. I looked around in confusion before I saw him. In a blue, Crexus was standing in the center of the room, syringe in hand the next he was speedily injecting it into Sarav's dangling arm and Bay's leg. They both went limp immediately.

"Took you long enough," I said, trying to push myself up but dropping back down to the ground.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, noticing my weakened state.

"Why haven't you been responding to me?"

"The Headmaster has been listening in. I couldn't risk it."

"She can listen in? How? With magic?"

Nodding, he stepped forward, pulling me up before lifting me up into his arms easily.

"Where are you taking me?"

In a blur, I was at the Infirmary being laid on a bed.

"You'll be alright here. I have to go back to retrieve them."

I opened my mouth to ask more questions but he was already gone. Damn it Crexus. I need answers.

"Hey, what seems to be the matter?" A white haired nurse with a warm smile asked me.

"I think I was drugged."

"Oh no. By who?"

"I don't know."

"Okay, just lay back and relax. We'll figure it out and have you out of here soon."

"Okay, thank you."