XXXI

"Okay, we have 4 options. My favorite is the red one."

The red dress was a short, long sleeved body con dress. It looked simple and innocent but the slits on the side said otherwise. It also had a deep v neck that  would definitely put my boobs on display. The yellow dress was bright, more of a summer dress. It was a sun dress, the waist going in to accentuate the figure. It was also sleeveless, leaving my shoulders exposed. The green dress was a two piece, cute and casual nothing particularly making it special. The black dress, longer than the others and quite dull, the exposed back the only naughty part about it. Accustomed to covering up as much as possible, I reached for it before Star slapped my hand.

"Absolutely not!"

"Why not?"

"That's the worst one!" She protested, trying to pull it from my fingers.

"You haven't even seen me put it on yet."

"Fine. Put it on," she said, waving her hands carelessly.

I peeled off my clothes, slipping it on. It came up a little higher, my hips shortening it to knee length. It was light, simple and otherwise fit perfectly. I looked up to see a frown on Star's face.

"What's wrong with it?"

"You look like you're going to a funeral."

"You picked out the dress yourself!"

"I thought it was form fitting!"

"This is the one I want. I like it."

"Try on the red dress."

"Why?"

"Pleaseeeeeeee! I just want to see how it looks."

I obliged, taking off the dress and pulling on the red dress, which was much harder than it looked. It was tighter in some areas and looser in others. My chest was poking out way more than I was accustomed to due to the deep v line and the dress was mid thigh length. Despite how uncomfortable I was, Star was grinning from ear to ear clearly satisfied with her choice.

"You look so hot! And the dress compliments your hair color."

"Glad you like it. I'm taking it off now," I said, pulling it off.

"Fine. If you want to look like a boring, middle aged woman who's son just passed away, suit yourself."

I couldn't help but laugh at how specific that image was. I slipped on the black dress, despite her disapproving glances before standing in front of her.

"Here," she said tossing me heeled boots.

Unlike the dress, the heels were flawless. They had soft lining on the black exterior and weren't too high or too tall, they were perfect. I slipped them on before twirling before her.

"Come here," she said, rolling her eyes.

She ruffled my hair, separating the curls to add volume before collapsing back on her bed.

"Don't come back too late."

"Okay mom," I jeered, winking at her before walking off. I flitted to the front, stumbling a few times not considering it would be much more difficult in heels.

Regaining my balance, I looked up and my throat went dry. His hair was gleaming as his moisturized curly hung over his eyebrows. He look absolutely dashing in his black button down shirt that hugged against his body perfectly. His casual pants and boots made me feel a little better about my simple dress. He smiled at me, taking me in as he walked towards me, his eyes sparkling and my heart beating faster with each step he took.