XXIX

I ran full speed over to Jeremy before howling into my werewolf form. As soon as I was in my furry state, I grabbed Jeremy's shirt with my teeth before tossing him over my shoulder. I ran over to rejoin the group, noticing Zion trotting over as well, with Tom sprawled out across his back.

"Alright, remember nobody travels alone. Let's keep moving forward."

I fell in pace with Zion as the rest of them took to the air. We raced forward, taking large leaps to cover as much distance as possible.

After about 5 minutes, I felt Jeremy start to rustle on my back. I could see Tom coming to as well, from the corner of my eye.

"I could get used to this," Jeremy said, sitting up comfortably on my back.

"Thanks Zion," Tom said awkwardly, patting Zion who grunted in response.

Tom outstretched his wings, jumping up in the air once he decided he no longer needed the free ride.

"Come on man, now I feel bad," Jeremy whined. Seeing Tom wasn't willing to change his mind, he jumped up joining him in the air as well. We must've went on like that for hours without any sign of danger. I could feel the magic pulsing within me, getting hotter as we got closer. It was only a matter of time now.

I reverted to my human form, flitting to keep up as I sent a message to Crexus.

We're almost there. We should regroup.

I heard whooshes as the other slowly swooped near us, not slowing their pace. I looked to the side to see Zion had changed as well, darting beside me.

"Are you scared?" He asked, noticing my unease.

"Sort of," I answered honestly.

Remembering the woman from my dream however, she didn't seem like she meant me harm. If anything, it was as if she'd been expecting me.

I kept pushing forward despite how tired I was. From the solemn expressions on everyone's faces, I could tell we were all anxious.

"Stop," I said, halting in my spot.

I focused my hearing on the whispers that were beginning to surround us. I swiveled around, scanning the forest for any signs of danger.

"What is it?" Edward asked.

"I don't know."

"You must prove yourself one final time before entering."

She knew we were here. Hadn't we already been tested enough. A part of me feared to ask it, but knew I had to. We hadn't traveled all this way for nothing.

"What must I do?"

"You must sacrifice someone you love to enter as the ultimate commitment."

"NO!" I screamed aloud, infuriated at her ask.

"What is it?" Zion asked, grabbing my arm.

"If you must kill someone, kill me."

"Don't be foolish child."

"If that's what's required to enter, take me. You're not laying a finger on them."

After a long silence, I heard her voice faintly say, "Only you may enter."

I opened my mouth to tell them I was going in but I felt the ground beneath me drop away.

I have to go in alone. Don't worry about me.

I hoped Crexus got my message. All I could do was close my eyes and wait for what was to come next.