XXXII

"Ughhhhh," I groaned at the sound of Star's alarm. I reached over, grabbing it quickly and turning it off as I felt a headache coming on.

"Wake up," I said, jumping onto her bed and shaking her as I used one hand to rub my eyes awake.

"I didn't hear the alarm go off," she muttered.

"That's because I stopped it, now get up," I said, crawling off her bed.

"Hey, why are you wearing the same dress from yesterday?" She questioned, noticing my attire.

"Forgot to change last night."

"What were you guys doing that made you so tired?" She said, grinning.

"You're horrible," I laughed, throwing a pillow at her that she was too tired to dodge.

"Hey!"

"Get dressed," I called out from over my shoulder as I headed to the bathrooms. I tore off the dress, ready to be rid of the reminder of last night. I washed up quickly, got dressed, and returned first for once. I sat on my bed, waiting for Star as I checked my phone.

There was a text from Edward that I missed last night. Weird. Edward never texted me before he's a caller. I clicked on it immediately, curious as to why he texted.

Come after you finish classes. We need to talk.

About what?

I waited for his response but it never came. Giving up, I pushed my phone in my pocket hoping it was something serious. If it was about my jealous remarks over Esat, I'd rather not waste my time. We had bigger fish to fry.

"I'm ready!" Star said excitedly, hopping over to me and grabbing her bag. I stood up, walking with her out the door and towards the Common.

"Why are you guys always late?" Jeremy whined, frowning at us.

"Let's just go," Tom said, walking off.

"What's wrong with him?" Star asked, raising an eyebrow.

"He didn't sleep much," Joel explained before following him.

I sped up to catch up with Tom, startling him as I popped by his side. It definitely wasn't sleep bothering him and now was my chance to find out.

"Hey," I said casually.

"Hey."

"Joel said you didn't sleep?"

"Yeah, bad dream," he answered, staring straight ahead.

"About what?"

"Nothing important."

"Tom, you know you can talk to me right? I can tell something's bothering you. You've always been there for me and I want to be there for you too."

"It's nothing, really. Just a bad dream. You have enough on your plate already."

"It's not the dream that's bothering you. What is it?" I persisted, looking him in the eye.

"What are you two talking about? Star and Joel aren't doing much talking," Jeremy said, interrupting our conversation. From the relief on Tom's face, I could tell he was glad we were interrupted. Whatever was bothering him, I was clearly the last person he wanted to tell.

I turned around to see Jeremy was right. Star was giggling as Joel was planting kisses all over her face.

"That'll be you soon with Bonnie. Our plan starts today."

"Saron, what're you going to do?" He asked me suspiciously.

"I can't tell you that," I said, laughing as I took off into the air trailing Joel and Star.