Down To Carnival town pt 2

Gideon's day could've been better (or a whole lot worse if you hate him).

After word got around that Stan's party at the Mystery Shack was the bomb, Gideon had been determined to make sure this "Mystery Fair"thing was a failure. Turned out the trip he'd taken up to the Shack was pretty useless. One look at the place was enough to see how crummy the event was. Gideon was pretty sure any sabotage he could try wouldn't even come close to topping the sorry state Stan had allowed for the fair. 

Gideon had figured that, since he was there anyway, he'd at least try to dunk the old cheapskate.But he should've realized sooner that there was no way Stan would ever sit in a non-rigged dunk tank. Gideon had hit the target dead center, but the ball simply bounced back and got stuck in his giant hair hair (you gotta wonder how Gideon walks around with that thing.)

' Curse that Stanford ! ' Gideon thought in anger, as he dug the ball out of his hair. ' He will pay dearly for making a fool out of me! '

As he stalked through the fair, the boy came to a stop as he heard the most angelic sound in the world.

' Is that the voice of my darling Mabel? ' Gideon thought, mood lifting instantly.

Gideon looked and saw his sweetheart, being her impossibly adorable self as she played with a pig. Considerably less adorable was her brother, whom she was talking to. Gideon glared at the boy as he scribbled on a popcorn maker. 

It was because of Dipper that Mabel rejected him. He knew that if her punk of a brother wasn't around, she'd have seen that they were made for each other. Still, Gideon had to restrain his anger. Without his amulet he didn't stand a chance against Dipper in a one on one fight.

' What are they talkin' about? ' Gideon wondered, trying to focus his ears on their conversation.

"It doesn't make any sense," Dipper spoke aloud. "Why can't I change this event?"

"Face it, Dipper," Gideon heard Mabel say as she played with her pig. "You're obviously fated to have a bad day at the fair, just like I'm fated to be with Waddles."

' Fate? ' Gideon thought. ' Changing events? They couldn't be talking about...? '

"Then what about this?" he heard Dipper ask. "What's the point of having some time travelling clean up crew if time can't be changed in any significant way?"

Gideon's eyes widened as he saw the device in Dipper's hand. ' A time machine... '

When the performer caught sight of the tape measure-looking device, he knew it must be a genuine time machine. The symbol on it was in his Journal. Apparently the Author had found a few devices with that symbol so technologically advanced, yet clearly made by humans, that they had to be from the future. 

But Gideon had never imagined that a time machine would find its way right to him. The possibilities were endless. He could go back and correct his few losses against Stan, or ensure his dates with Mabel had gone perfectly. He wasn't sure what the first thing he would do would be, but one thing was for certain.

Gideon needed that time machine.

The young boy glanced around. He saw a game stand next to him that offered yo-yos as a prize, and the carnie in charge was asleep from boredom. Gideon swiped one of the yo-yos and readied the ball in his hand.

With the most powerful swing he could muster, Gideon threw the ball right in the back of Dipper's head. The impact left the boy frazzled, and the tape measure flew out of his grasp. Gideon then threw the yo-yo at the measure, the string wrapping around the device. With a hard tug, Gideon pulled the tape measure back and caught it, letting the string fall off. Mabel gasped as Dipper turned to see who'd assaulted him.