Don't Polo My Marco

Yes, it's me! I'm not dead like I'm sure some of you hoped, anyway sorry for taking so long on this chapter. Stuff happened, I'll get back on track soon!

"That's a hundred points for me," Dipper said, smirking

He and Wendy laughed at the sight of Sheriff Blubs and Deputy Durland squirming around with lifesavers constraining them. Just another day at the pool!

"Dude!" Wendy said, high-fiving the boy. "With this job, you and I are gonna be havin fun all summer!"

Dipper's happy mood was brought to an abrupt stop, as the sharp sound of a whistle blew through the air. The brunette turned and saw Pool-check glaring at him, pointing at the trapped cops.

"Pines!" Pool-check shouted. "Here! Now!"

Dipper felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. 'Uh oh, this could be bad'

Pool-check walked angrily up to the boy.

"You gave me your word that you would respect the rules of this pool!" Pool-check yelled, voice thick with anger and betrayal.

Dipper tilted his head in surprise. "Mr. Pool-check? A-are you crying?"

"That's not important right now!" Pool-check declared as he turned away and wiped his eyes. "You're on the nights, boy! You wanna keep this job? Well, some maniac broke into the supplies closet last night and destroyed our only pool skimmer! I want you on a stakeout. If one more supply gets taken, you're fired!"

Dipper winced a bit at the tone, before rallying up his resolve. "I won't let you down!"

Pool-check nodded and walked off.

Dipper exhaled. He hadn't expected Pool-check to be that mad at him, or to look so hurt by Dipper's actions. He also hadn't expected the spike of overwhelming guilt that hit him when he made Pool-check cry. 

 It had been a long time since an adult had trusted him, and not treated him like a problem child, or an assault charge waiting to happen. And Dipper had betrayed that trust.

Okay, so maybe he only had the job because he wanted to hang with Wendy. It was still the main reason he wanted the job, but... Well, no sense in letting his boss down, right?

Dipper popped his knuckles. If anyone tried breaking in that night, Dipper would make sure that they'd regret it.

[In other news]

"Mermando, get ready!" Mabel called.

Mabel threw her beach ball at her companion but frowned at the sight of the ball bouncing off a dejected Mermando's head.

"Mermando, are you okay?" Mabel asked.

Mermando swam to Mabel, he had a depressed look on his face.

"Oh..." Mabel said, realization hitting. "It's your family, isn't it? Are you thinking about them?"

Mermando answered with a sad dolphin sound.

Mabel hesitated for a moment, before getting a determined look on her face. "Mermando, enough is enough! I care about you too much to see you like this! We're gonna bust you out of here and get you back to your family!"

"But Mabel!" Mermando argued. "Me escaping is impossible."

Mabel shook her head defiantly. "We're breaking you out of here, and we're doing it tonight!"

To show her resolve, Mabel hit the water, like slamming a fist on a table. Unfortunately, unlike a tabletop, water is not solid. The impact caused a large splash that soaked both kids' faces.