Theories Debunked

"What do we do, Chadley? I thought they were dead!"

"Far worse, Trixandra! They're... Nearly Almost Dead But Not Quite!"

" AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! "

Dipper rolled his eyes as he and Wendy lounged on the girl's bed, watching a terrible old monster movie. Despite his attitude toward the film, he wore an easy smile on his face. He'd finally managed to have a hang-out time with just himself and Wendy, and just as promised, they were watching a crummy old film and making fun of it relentlessly. Well, not exactly as promised. Turns out Manly Dan had accidentally smashed Wendy's copy of Mystery Science Theater 3000 a week back. The redhead hadn't taken that news well, and a fist-sized hole in the wall proved it. Still, the two were having fun together, and that was what mattered to Dipper.

"Man," the boy said, "these movies are a lot less scary when you've fought real zombies."

Oh yeah, Stan had hosted a karaoke party a few days back in which zombies had attacked, the twins found out Stan knew about Gravity Falls' weirdness the whole time, and the three of them had to defeat the zombies with the power of music, and they had to de-zombify Soos. That had been an interesting day.

"They're slow!" Wendy told the characters on the screen. "Just power-walk away from them!"

"How much do you want to bet that guy dies first?" Dipper asked, pointing at Chadley.

"Aah!" Chadley exclaimed not four seconds later. "My face is being eaten a lot!"

"Called it," Dipper said. "What do I win?"

"The grand prize of..." Wendy said, doing a drumroll with her hands. "... Getting to watch the rest of the movie."

"I think Chadley got a better prize," Dipper commented dryly.

"I don't know about that," Wendy said. "Chadley ain't pretty no more."

As the two chuckled at the ruining of Chadley's modeling career, Wendy's phone buzzed. She pulled out the device and checked it, immediately frowning at the notification.

"Ugh," she groaned, "another text from Robbie!"

Dipper tried not to visibly react at the mention of the teen. "Right, Robbie. How's, uh... how's all that going? Still giving him the cold shoulder?"

"Dude, I've been giving him the arctic shoulder," Wendy responded. "The guy just can't take the hint! We. Are. Done. I don't know how long it'll take for him to figure out I'm serious, but it can't happen soon enough. And I mean, look at some of these texts!"

She showed Dipper her phone, and he quirked an eyebrow at some.

"... Winky frown?" Dipper asked. "What does that even mean?"

"You're askin' the wrong girl," Wendy said with a shrug. "Some of these texts are kinda creepy. He acts like we were a couple or something."

At that Dipper looked away awkwardly, knowing what he wanted to say, but not sure if he should. He decided to hesitantly test the waters for the moment instead.

"You... You know he wanted to ask you out, right?" Dipper asked carefully.

Wendy scoffed. "Pretty sure everyone in our school knew that. Robbie doesn't do 'subtle', ya know?"

Dipper nodded. "You... thought about going out with anyone?"

"Yeah man," Wendy said as she grabbed a stuffed walrus. "Meet my new boyfriend."

Dipper laughed, trying hard to make it sound natural. He battled with himself for a moment, before finally deciding to speak.

"... Hey," he started, "so, I was wondering if maybe... you, ah... wanted to..."