Rise of Gideon: Part 1

Dipper's sleep was restless. Filled with loud crashing, sounds of construction equipment, and the splintering of wood. With the sight of mechanical monsters ripping his new home to shreds, of Gideon standing over the rubble, and the setting sun becoming a lone eye staring at him. Bill's laugh echoed through his mind. 

Dipper woke with a start, panting heavily. He glanced around the living room. After Gideon had kicked them out of the Shack, the Pines family had no choice but to move in with Soos' grandmother. Dipper had fallen asleep on the pull-out couch he and Soos had to share. Mabel and Stan each had their own sleeping bags on the floor, and Soos' grandma was sitting in her recliner.

"Shh," the elderly woman hushed. "Por favor."

"Sorry, Abuelita," Dipper apologized, rubbing his tired eyes.

"Yeah, quit it with the night terrors," Stan said. "The news is finally on."

"In a movement that has all of Gravity Falls buzzing," Shandra Jimenez said on the TV, "child psychic Gideon Gleeful has taken surprise ownership of the Mystery Shack, previously belonging to area shyster, Stanford Pines."

At that, an image of Stan in a devil costume surrounded by fire was put up on the screen.

"That picture's taken out of context," Stan said.

"Now that you have the Shack, what exactly are you planning to do with it?" Shandra asked Gideon.

"I have a big announcement to make today," the boy said happily, "and I'd like to cordially invite all the good people of Gravity Falls to join me. Free admission to anyone who wears their Gideon pins! It's my face!"

With a final wink from Gideon, Stan shut off the TV in annoyance.

"I can't believe Gideon got the Shack," the old man said somberly. "I never thought he'd actually do it."

Dipper looked away guiltily. Stan didn't know it, but as far as the boy was concerned, this was all his fault. In retrospect, using Bill as a distraction while Gideon brute-forced his way through the safe seemed like an incredibly obvious play. And yet, Dipper hadn't even considered the possibility until it was too late. So much for being the one that used his head.

"So you lost the Shack," Soos said. "Look on the bright side, dudes! Now you get to live here with me, Soos! Hey, does anyone want to play race cars? They're out of batteries but we can make pretend."

"... We gotta get the Shack back," Stan said looking at Soos flatly.

[The Next Day at the Shack]

"Hello, Gravity Falls!" Gideon greeted from his stage in front of the Shack.

The large crowd began applauding at the child performer as he did several stage bows.

"Gideon is the psychic-est," Lazy Susan said to Toby Determined as they clapped. "He guessed the secret ingredient to my coffee omelet!"

"Somehow he knew about my horrifying secret birthmark!" Toby chimed in.

"I love that child psychic so much!" Manly Dan exclaimed.

While Manly Dan proceeded to choke the life out of Sheriff Blubs and Deputy Durland due to his emotions, the Pines family plus Soos snuck into the back of the crowd wearing black trench coats and fedoras (nice), with Mabel even wearing glasses and a fake mustache. Well, Soos wasn't wearing a fedora, but rather his usual cap, with a paper that said "Not Soos" taped on it.

"We're in," Mabel said, trying her best at a secret agent voice.

"If anyone asks," Soos said, pointing to his hat, "I'm not Soos."