We're all Bad in Someone's Story

Look at this! I actually posted on time! What the heck is this?! Anywho- enjoy the story folks! Toodles!

Mon-el POV

"Mon-el? Mon-el hey wake up!" My eyes slowly opened to see Kara's face above me. It was dark but I could make out her features. "Kara?" She smiled, seemingly relived that I responded. "Hey, how are you doing?" I tried to sit up, though my body seemed to work against me.

"Easy there cowboy." She said pushing me back down onto the bed. I groaned when she touched my arm. "Ooo sorry." She said, taking her hand off. She sat down beside me, placing a hand on my cheek. I didn't dare say anything in the chance that she would remove it.

She smiled again before taking a closer look at my head. "How's your head feeling?" I closed my eyes. "Achy, but I guess that comes with getting a concussion." She chucked before standing. "You get back to sleep, alright?" I smiled as best I could. "Okay deal."

***

I got woken up 3 more times that night, once more by Kara and twice more by Alex. The next time I opened my eyes was because the sun was shining and the entire room was lit up. It burned my eyes, the light feeling like the sun was 2 feet in front of me.

I slowly rose from the bed, careful not to use my bad arm. My head was pounding and my hand felt like it had been ripped open, which when I thought about it, it was. I looked in the mirror and was surprised at what I saw.

My head was bandaged and my arm just the same, my hand was rapped in what looked to be 3 million layers of swaddle and my arms were bruised. I was horridly dirty from head to toe. I needed a shower. Bad. I winced as I made my way to the door, limping. I must have rolled my ankle.

I walked down the hall to see Kara sitting at the island. "Good morning." I croaked out. She turned to look at me. "Oh my you need a shower." She said smiling. I chuckled. "You want something to eat?" She asked getting up and grabbing her empty plate.

"Sure." I said, taking her spot. She grabbed a plate and threw some pancakes on it. "Don't worry, I didn't make them." I laughed, running a hand threw my messy hair. She set the food down in front of me and walked off to the living room.

Walking back to the kitchen she sat across from me. "How'd you get like this?" She asked. I stopped chewing and looked at her. Her face seemed sincere and she looked worried. I put the fork back on the table and finished chewing before answering her.

"National cover." I said, looking up at her. She tensed, like she already knew the answer and I was just conforming it for her. "But you knew that already." She looked taken aback this time. "What?" I smiled. "You already new." I took another bite of my pancakes.

"I- well I mean I guessed but I wasn't a hundred percent sure." I shrugged, knowing I caught her off guard. "Do you know why?" She asked, changing the subject. "Yeah, you." She blinked a couple times. "Me!?" I nodded, stuffing my mouth with more food.

"Why me?" She asked, more calm now. "Because you know." She scrunched up her eyebrows. "Wait what? They beat you because you told me!?" I nodded. "How are you not freaking out right now!?" I looked up at her.

"The only thing that I can do is make sure you and your family is safe. Right now you are." She looked at me like I was crazy. "Well obviously your not safe." She gestured to my wrapped up head. I looked down, not having a response for that one.

"I'll be fine." I said, placing my fork down. I no longer had an appetite. She raised an eyebrow. "Broken fingers, concussion, I don't even know what's wrong with your arm but it's obviously something bad, and lets not even get started on the massive cut on your head."