In Love

Mon-el POV

"I think you should drop the case."

Mon-el was taken aback. There were a lot of people who didn't think he could do this. That he was 'to personally attached'. That it was just going to end badly for him. They were probably right but Tyler was always there to support him. Even back him up if he needed it. So what was this?

"You think I should what?" He asked, making sure he heard his best friend properly.

"Mon-el. Please just think about it."

Now he was getting frustrated. Angry even.

"What happened to 'I'll support you and your decisions?" He asked hotly. Tyler sighed.

"Man come on. Your getting too attached. This will come to an end. You know that."

Mon-el's breath had started to quicken. He new Tyler had reason for his words but he didn't wanna hear it.

"Yea and what if I don't want it to come to an end?" Tyler was silent on the other end.

"Mon-el. All I'm asking is that you think about it. Are you really going to give up your job... your life for her? You barely know her."

This, This made him angry.

"My life? My life my ass. I didn't have a life Tyler. I did my assigned missions and then went home waiting for the next one. You were my only friend. Maybe I just won't come home from this mission. I hate lying to Kara. This is my life Tyler. Kara is my life." Tyler didn't speak again, for a long time.

"Just think about it ok?" He said still pushing it. Mon-el shook his head, although Tyler couldn't see it obviously.

"No man. I already made up my mind." Then, he hung up. Throwing his phone into the bag, frustrated.

"What the hell? Your missions?" I whip my head around to see Kara standing right behind me. She has a confused, almost hurt expression on her face. I move from sitting to in my knees. "How long have you been standing there?" I ask her hesitantly.

"Long enough Mon-el! What the hell did you mean you won't go home from 'this' mission. And your lying to me?!" She was frustrated, confused maybe even angry. People were starting to look at us. She has still standing a hand on her stomach. "Can we please talk somewhere private?" I whisper just loud enough for her to hear.

She nods and stomps off to the back of a near by park store. I follow her, dreading the conversation that I know is coming. This is the end of us. "Please explain that to me." She asks. Her voice is now more sad then angry. He would rather her be angry at him because just the look on her face might kill him.

"I-I.... Kara there's a lot you don't know." She looks down at the ground and whispers. "What did you mean you hate lying to me? What were— what are you lying about?" She asks still not looking me in the eye. I can feel the tears coming but I try to hold them in, just a little longer.

Mon-el looks at the ground, ashamed of himself. "I'm not really new to earth Kara." This time her head shoots up in confusion. "Yes you are. Me and J'ohn found you in that pod. That was your pod, the pod you came here in." He still didn't look her in the eye. "I did come here in that pod, but it was a lot sooner then you found me." This time he did look up at her. "I got here almost 16 years ago."

Tears started rolling down her cheeks. "What?" She whispered not taking her eyes from him. He felt so ashamed. So guilty. "My job—" Kara put her hand up, stoping him from talking. "Woah, wait a second. Your job?!? What job?" She said leaning against the wall. He gulped. This was it.

"I'm an agent working for National Cover. It was my job.." he hesitates. Maybe there's still a way out of this. Maybe he can lie and say it was all a joke? Maybe, but no. Reality kicks in and there is no going back. "My job was to get close to you." She gasps and the sound is deviation to his ears. "You were using me? For what?" She asks the tears still coming down her face. He gulped.

"We think the DEO is hiding something big, something illegal from the Government. My job was to find out what." She doesn't speak, doesn't look up. The only view he gets is her tears when they fall from her face. "So what? I was just a 'job' to you?" She asks, her voice turning back to that angry tone. He shook his head. "No. Not anymore. Kara your so much more then just a job."

Her head shoots up and her eyes are red and puffy. "Not anymore? So I was at some point? You saw me as just another part of your mission?" She asks, it's more of a demand but he doesn't comment on it. When she says 'missions' she puts both hands up and makes quotation marks.

"Kara your not a mission to me. I care about you so much. You mean the world to me." She hastily wipes away her tears. "How am I supposed to believe you Mon-el? To my knowledge our entire relationship has been a game!" He takes her hand slowly. "I wanted to tell you sooner. A lot sooner but if I did you could have been in danger. Me as well."

This time she slips her hand out of my grasp. "Mon-el." She says slowly. The tears are coming back to her eyes. "I want to believe you but if what your saying is true then how can I? Is Mon-el even your real name?" She asked, the anger in her voice fading into disappointment.

"Yes. Mon-el is my name. I promise whatever you want to know I will tell you. Just... not here." She crosses her arms. "Why the hell not?" She's flipping back and forth between anger and disappointment. "Because we are being watched." He says whispering it. She quickly looks around and her eyes meet his again. "We are?" Now her voice is a mirror of confusion. "Take my hand and walk back down to the beach with me to grab our stuff."

I reach for her hand and she moves away. Seeing her do that kills me. "Why?" She asks placing her hands at her sides. "Because we can't have them thinking we had a fight. Or that I told you the truth. Just smile and pretend this conversation never happened. At least not until we get back to the trailer." She nods, understanding the situation and clings to my arm.

We both walk out with smiles and giggles like we just came back from stealing away a private moment. Kara walks over and packs the bag, thanking me for saying we could leave early due to her stomach ache. After all the stuff is packed we walk down the path to our trailer. It's about an 8 minute walk and when we get there we put the stuff down in the middle of the small open space of the trailer and Kara sits at the table.

"So who exactly is watching us? Well you?" She asks, still clutching her stomach. "My boss. He was the ice cream maker." Her eyes widened and she looked out the window as if someone could be listening right now. "You mean that sweet guy that gave me ice cream from that cute little blue truck?" He nodded and she pushed back her wet hair. "Anyone else?"

Mon-el nodded and explained to her how there was 6 people at the beach watching them and about what exactly is job was and he answered all of her other questions. "Was I.... was—" She choked on her words. She was having a hard time speaking at all. "Was I just another one of your missions?" She asked, so quietly that he had to lean in to hear her.

He shook his head right away, as soon as the words came out. "No absolutely not." She looked up at him and he could see her lip quivering ever so slightly. "I'm in love with you Kara."