Chapter 2

Season 1: Episode 2

Before Antonio could hang up the phone, he grabbed my hand dragging me with him to the car

Before Antonio could hang up the phone, he grabbed my hand dragging me with him to the car. He practically threw me in the car as he got in the driver's seat and speeding away.

"I need to know your with me." Antonio says staring straight ahead.

I turned my head to look at him "What?"

He slammed his hands on the steering wheel "Are you with me or not?"

"Tonio, you know I am." I say looking straight ahead.

He takes a deep breath as he reaches over interlacing our fingers together holding my hand tight.

We pulled up to the bakery as Antonio jumped out of the car with me following, as we entered the bakery.

"Laura!" he yelled as he pushed people out of the way to get to Laura, and I couldn't help that bang of hurt that hit me.

"Antonio... Antonio! Oh, God." She said crying as he hugged her tight "Our baby... he's got to be so scared."

"I will get him back." Antonio promises her.

She nods "I know you will. You have to."

Antonio looks to me nodding as we walked over to Hank "What do we know?"

Hank kisses my forehead before turning to Antonio "There's no cameras in the alley. We're checking the streets on both sides for ATM video."

"Neighbors?" Antonio asks.

Hank nods "One lady gave us a white van, but no license, no driver description, nothing. Detectives are rolling, squads are canvassing the area and knocking on doors, checking for cameras. Someone's on the pods right now."

"We have security cameras out front, but nothing in the alley." Antonio says as Laura nods.

Hank glances to me as we hear yelling "I know."

"Para Laura, para Laura!" I man yells at the back of the bakery.

Antonio nods "Let him in. Let him in!"

The man walks up to us handing him a letter written in Spanish, "Pulpo free by midnight, or your son dies." He says as he looks at me and Laura buries her face in his chest.

Hank, Antonio, and I connect eyes and walk out of the bakery. I drive with Antonio back to the station, we immediately head to the cells where Pulpo is being held. I stand by Hank as Antonio leans against the door of the cell "Where's my son?"

"Uh..." Puplo says before looking under the bed he's sitting on "Uh, I know he's not here. Beyond that..."

"I don't think you want me to ask you again." Antonio says eerily calm.

"Ah, si, si, si, si. I heard about this type of thing back in Bogota. Yeah. Your son was kidnapped, yes?" Puplo says before chuckling "Yes. Yeah, I read that many times. Many, many times. If the kidnappers were given what they wanted, then the wife or son," Puplo says before looking directly at Antonio "Was returned, not a single scratch on their faces."