Chapter 6

Season 1: Episode 6

"Come on Erin, it's been a long flight

"Come on Erin, it's been a long flight. I just want to get home to Jay." I said urging her to move faster.

Erin groaned as we got off the escalator and some lady crashed into us breaking Erin's bag open "Really?"

I bent down "I told you to put your stuff with mine, we weren't even gone that long."

"Alyssa?" I heard someone say and I looked up surprised.

"Hey, Stephanie." I said giving the best fake smile.

She held up her hand showing her big rock "It's Lancaster now."

Erin scoffed as I looked back up "Congratulations."

She looked down at Erin and I "You need some help?"

"No. Thanks, we got it." I said as Erin got the rest of her stuff in her bag.

"You know, we were all just talking about you. We didn't see your name on the reunion page on Facebook." She said glancing to Erin.

"Uh, yeah, you know, I saw that, but we have a thing that I have to get to, so..." I said hoping she would catch the hint.

I caught the mean look Erin was giving her as she spoke "So are you working? What... what are you up to?"

"Uh, I'm a cop." I said nervously.

She laughed "Seriously?"

Erin jumped in "Seriously, she's a cop. Not even a cop, she's a detective now."

Stephanie laughs "I would've thought you'd be running from them. Actually, both of you."

"Nope." Erin all but growled out.

"Well, come to the reunion. And don't worry... there are plenty of girls who are still single who RSVP'd. I think a big group of them are renting a stretch hummer or something. Oh, and, plus, you might meet someone." She said all but ignoring Erin "But, hey, if not, I understand. It's good seeing you."

We watched her walk away as Erin spoke "I never liked her."

"Me either." I said laughing as we walked back to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey" Jay said smiling "You good?"

"Yep." I said as we walked in.

Jay looked at me worried but then looked to Platt "Morning, Sarge."

"Alyssa, good morning." Platt said smiling.

I smiled back "Good morning, Sarge."

"