Troubled Past

Keith sat at the bar. It was empty save for him . Even the owner had already left him alone. Just Keith and the whiskey in his glass.

Keith's friends had tried to stop him from going, but after that.... that event... Keith could no longer stay.

Thinking about it made his eyes well up and to prevent bursting out in crying (as Keith really, deeply, wanted to) he lifted the whiskey and gulped it down. The burning liquid warmed his throat and heart. It was the only comfort Keith still had in this world.

Keith tried to take his mind off the present. To slip into the past rather than wallow in sorrow...

...but it didn't work. Keith was still just at a bar. Keeping the whisky company.

Suddenly the door opened behind him. Footsteps. Then a figure sat down next to him and took the bottle.

"Long time," spoke Lance and he poured himself a glass as well.

Before Keith realised it, his rage took over and he launched at Lance. He ended with punching Lance in the face.

"I deserved that," Lance said and took a gulp from his whiskey.

"Go away," Keith said.

"Not before you hear my offer," Lance said.

"I don't want to hear about it." Keith spoke. He really didn't want anything to do with Lance, not after... that. "I don't want anything to do with you... not after... that."

"Dammit, that wasn't your fault," Lance, "It was none of our fault. President Kim was not our fault"

"Yes it was, it was my fault. I could have stopped it." Keith said, "I SHOULD HAVE STOPPED IT FROM HAPPENING."

"Calm down, Keith," Lance, "It wasn't your fault... that wasn't your fault."

But no matter what Lance said, Keith still felt that that was his fault...

"I need you," said Lance. "Just one more time. Just one more job and I'll leave you alone."

Oh loneliness, that would be nice. No one around. No one to remind Keith of...that.

"One more job," Keith muttered. "Alright. One more job it is."

And with that, he gulped down the remaining whiskey. Time for action!

Keith was introduced to the others at the base. There was of course beautiful Space President Kim and snarky Lance. Smart and clever Allura and... and Lance.

Keith too had heard of Lance and had always been a little insecure about his feelings for him and he's still not sure if he's really gay

But here he stood before Keith, stretching and gesturing at drawings on the wall. It looked so manly, so invigorating and virilus.

And when he spoke, he sounded so... Keith swooned right in front of him.

"We should defeat Shiro.." Lance said.

"I agree..." said Keith, looking at Lance "but I'm not sure."

"We can use your new friend," said Lance. "The Galra don't know Lance. So that should do. We can infiltrate the base like that.

"But Lance is still very inexperienced," said Keith, "And I worry about him."

"Don't worry," said Lance, "I know I can take it on. Trust me on that" And he gave Keith a wink.

In the corners of his eye Lance saw Keith staring first at him, and then at the floor. And then in a huff, he walked away.

Lance walked after Keith and said: "What's wrong?"

"nothin'" Keith said but Lance didn't believe him.

"No seriously, you can tell me, I'm really good at picking up on these things."

"You're right, you're really good at picking up on those things," said Keith and sighed. He then said: "You know my past, right?"

Lance thought to himself, yes, yes he does. He heard of everything about him. And Lance said: "yes."

"Well, it... it... makes it hard for me to make connections with people." Keith said. A single tear rolled down his cheek. It made it look even more pretty than it already was.

"And I feared,' Keith said, 'that when I saw you talk and awake like that, that you may... you may no longer find me that interesting?"

"But I do!"

'And without you, I don't know if the world is still worth saving," Keith said with a sniffle, "how can I defeat Shiro or The Garla if you won't be with me?"

"Well, uh, I didn't think you'd like me that much," Lance said blushingly.

But then, Keith leaned forward and kissed Lance, making him no longer know what to do. Can He be in love with this many bitches? Why must he choose?